'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

st_7

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm off today :) or better yet I took off

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Congrats bro, you deserve it, after waiting for so long for the shipping information and now receiving it before you go on your tour(you said you are going somewhere for two weeks, right?)

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Congrats bro, you deserve it, after waiting for so long for the shipping information and now receiving it before you go on your tour(you said you are going somewhere for two weeks, right?)

Yeah man leaving to go to Europe on Thursday, its gonna be sweeeet. Waiting for the ups man

anon1937793

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Just curious if anybody ordered one through Rogers / Fido in Canada and have received any updates on when you might get it? Or better yet... received it? :)

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
This is Google...2 things you will NEVER see on a Nexus again are SD expansion and a replaceable battery. They hate both for some reason.

It's just something you have to accept if you want to use a Nexus device.

While they may stay committed to that, there's lessons to be taken about "never" in wireless history.

RIM/BlackBerry executives maintained for years upon years that it would never, ever, ever produce a BlackBerry phone with built in camera or support for memory card. Then it made sound business sense to do so and they put both in the 8100 (?) Pearl, which renovated them (for a time).

It's possible Google may 'stick to their guns' a bit more firmly since they don't use their Nexus devices as a major profit center, but I wouldn't rule anything out in the long run.

flipped4dinc

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Not complaining because my phone shipped, but the original delivery date moved from Wednesday to Thursday. The lucky ones are getting theirs a day early!

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm off today :) or better yet I took off

I haven't used a sick day in almost 3 years. (and I'm allowed 10) I'm such a sucker!

No biggie though. UPS always comes to my neighborhood after 5p anyway.

psyke45

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
UPDATED !

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 11/07/2013, By End of Day
Last Location:
Arrived - Middleburg Heights, OH, United States, Tuesday, 11/05/2013

Middleburg Heights, OH, United States 11/05/2013 6:35 Arrival Scan
Columbus, OH, United States 11/05/2013 4:21 Departure Scan
11/05/2013 2:59 Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 11/04/2013 23:04 Departure Scan
11/04/2013 18:22 Origin Scan
United States 11/04/2013 11:59 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Nice. I ordered a little later than you from Ottawa, but had CC problems until late on the 1st. Got my UPS notification Sunday afternoon, and it was on the move as of last night. Currently in Cincinnati and slated for Delivery by EOD on Friday.

purplehaze50o

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So after all the issues I had yesterday with my order going from 11/5 to 3 to 4 weeks yesterday after I called and complained I received my shipping confirmation email...But i am now stuck in the "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility blah blah blah" I ordered mine 20 minutes after released a white 16gb. I recieved my shipping email at 12:42pm EST time yesterday...It is now 24 hours later and UPS still hasn't updated my tracking...is this normal?

Oakleyguy

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Placed my order on Thursday at 12:15 MDT, "Shipped" Friday at 2:35am, Arrived Monday at 5:30pm. Marched down to T-Mobile and ported my VZ number by 7:30pm.

LOVE the phone so far. Destroys all things Galaxy Nexus.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Update: Mine is shipping as of today (technically Sunday, but nothing happened on it till today). ETA is Wednesday. So apparently the Nov 8 shipping dates are not written in stone.

I ordered the 32 gig black, on Friday afternoon.
Just looked at tracking this morning...Out for delivery! Yay!

So I ordered on Friday afternoon...will receive Tuesday afternoon. 2 Day shipping worked as intended. TOTALLY worth an extra $5.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
How's the battery so far overnight Oakleyguy?
Mines "Out for delivery" but I'm worried about the battery...I got 4-5hrs of use (mixed between a lot of idle on Mobile Data & some screen-on time) out of it & I don't play games or watch YouTube so am hoping to get at least 8hrs with the N5 though have my doubts. I'd just like to go work shift without needing to charge it.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ordered a white 32 at 5:30 am local time on Friday morning, and my tracking number updated finally for Thursday delivery from KY. Unfortunately I won't be here Thursday so I'm not sure if I should notify them to hold it for pick up or chance delivery on Friday.

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Just looked at tracking this morning...Out for delivery! Yay!

So I ordered on Friday afternoon...will receive Tuesday afternoon. 2 Day shipping worked as intended. TOTALLY worth an extra $5.

Congratulations to you but that makes me a little irritated as I ordered before you and still show 2-3 weeks.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app