'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered mine today. I'm really looking forward to the nexus experience since I previously owned a Galaxy s3 (I'm selling it). I can't wait until it arrives! It's the black 16 gb

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Got mine Wednesday . Coming from a GS3 it takes some getting used to. Some things that are a gripe=

*no links in emails using the stock email client and the new email client isnt as nice loooking compared to the 4.3 version. In other words, a email notice from this forum, you wont be able to click on a link to get here.
*speaker could be louder but its not horrible
*no number badges on email or Hangouts. Whats up w/ that? I do get them with Textra but not while using the Google launcher.
*cant figure out how(dont think you can) to change bubble colors in hangouts as both mine others i am texting are the same white color,but i can always use another text app and i do like Textra and Handcent a lot.
* No way to make the LED any other color or to work with apps. Its not even an option at all in settings that i see. It only goes white or blue so far and you dont choose colors.
*Music player(i use PowerAmp) with earbuds sound great on this phone(not a gripe). Google Music sounds better and louder w/ the N5 compared to my GS3.
* I used Ringdroid to make ringtones on my GS3 and they would go right into my ringtone list and id check it and it would work. Doesnt do that on the N5. They go in the list but do not work. I had to extract them from my GS3 to my PC desktop and drag and drop them in the ringones folder on the N5 and then they would work.
*Battery life isnt great. Ive went 12 hours of pretty moderate use and it was down to 12%. Hopefully it gets better after 3 or 4 days

Hopefully an update fixes some of these but i really do like the phone and like it more everyday.

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I get number badges (pretty sure anyway) so I'm not sure why I've seen some say they don't.. Is your email linked with Gmail? If not maybe that's why.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I get number badges (pretty sure anyway) so I'm not sure why I've seen some say they don't.. Is your email linked with Gmail? If not maybe that's why.

I dont get number badges on Gmail either. Neither email gets them. Using the Google launcher i dont get any number badges but get them on Textra using Nova.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I dont get number badges on Gmail either. Neither email gets them. Using the Google launcher i dont get any number badges but get them on Textra using Nova.

You're right, I'm wrong. The number is in the pull down notifications. I'm too used to looking at my other phones.

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully an update fixes some of these but i really do like the phone and like it more everyday.

These aren't bugs. This is just how the pure Android OS functions without the Samsung Touchwiz overlay which you're used to.

For notifications, I use "Floating Notifications".

After a couple days of use, battery life improved. I find the N5 battery life to be better than my GS3 was; by several hours under the same type of use. Yesterday, my N5 had 32℅ life remaining after 12hr 10 min of use, with a 3 hr 15 min screen on time.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
These aren't bugs. This is just how the pure Android OS functions without the Samsung Touchwiz overlay which you're used to.

For notifications, I use "Floating Notifications".

After a couple days of use, battery life improved. I find the N5 battery life to be better than my GS3 was; by several hours under the same type of use. Yesterday, my N5 had 32℅ life remaining after 12hr 10 min of use, with a 3 hr 15 min screen on time.

Posted via Android Central App

So your saying pure Android does not have number badges?

Message by Nexus 5

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered Black 32 GB. I have the Rinke TPU case from Amazon and today I picked up my SIM card from the Sprint store in Snellville, GA. My shipping date is dec11.

Nexus 7 (2013)

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Unbelievable!

I placed my order for a Black 32 GB this morning at 10 AM. At 11:45 PM I just got an email that my order has shipped! My Nexus 5 has shipped the SAME DAY that I ordered it!

Nexus 7 (2013)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Blargh. Have to do an RMA for the one I got yesterday. The power button feels like it isn't attached and clicks and clacks anytime I use the phone. Very disappointing. (Especially since the one I ordered when they first went on sale didn't have that)

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

TheEijk

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my Nexus 5 a few weeks ago at a local store, and I got an e-mail it'll be delivered at 5 or 6 december. How can it be that Google's deliverytime is higher than the time my local store needs to deliver it? Has it anything to do with the date someone orders?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Ordered Black 16GB version on 11/19. Got a shipping confirmation late last night 11/30 which is earlier than the projected ship time of 12/11.