'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Quick question for those that got theirs. Is UPS requiring a signature to drop off the phones? Found out mine is supposed to be delivered today, but UPS usually gets to my house between 5pm-6pm and I won't be home til 7ish.

P.S. for those interested I ordered a 16gb Black on Oct. 31 at 3:30pm PT. And did 2 day shipping to California. Original shipping date was Nov. 22nd

Got mine yesterday and there was no signature required. I might of read wrong earlier in this thread but I think some people said they needed to sign for it but not sure.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Just looked at tracking this morning...Out for delivery! Yay!

So I ordered on Friday afternoon...will receive Tuesday afternoon. 2 Day shipping worked as intended. TOTALLY worth an extra $5.
I finally got it.

OMFG is the display gorgeous. Blacks are slightly deeper than the Nexus 4. Not as deep as AMOLED, but the deepest I have ever seen on an LCD. Everything feels smoother. And the Nexus 4 was already pretty damn smooth. Buttons are very high quality...I am not seeing the power button wobble people have been talking about.

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Oct 31: ~4:30pm in Toronto, ON. Ordered White 32gb. Invoice said it would leave warehouse by Nov 8. UPS currently has Nov 7 as delivery date.
Path so far-
Nov 3: Shipping confirmation rec'd.
Nov 4: Louisville--->Lexington
Nov 5: Lexington--->Cincinnati

Hoping for an early Nov 6 Toronto delivery date :)

Nice! But how does this happen? I ordered a white 16 gig at 2:55pm Oct 31st, it said leaves warehouse by Nov 8th. My status still shows as pending and yet I've ordered it before other people and there receiving theres already. Clearly there isn't any order to this which makes no sense.

EDIT: I'm also from Toronto

JonK

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Speak of the devil. As I was typing a reply ups drove up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad it worked out for you! Enjoy your nexus!

Quick question for those that got theirs. Is UPS requiring a signature to drop off the phones? Found out mine is supposed to be delivered today, but UPS usually gets to my house between 5pm-6pm and I won't be home til 7ish.

P.S. for those interested I ordered a 16gb Black on Oct. 31 at 3:30pm PT. And did 2 day shipping to California. Original shipping date was Nov. 22nd
There was no signature required but it is up to the discretion of the driver (strange, I know). Sign up for my UPS and put instructions to leave it at the door.

Watcherseye

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a 32 GB black around 1418 EST, says should ship out today. Still nothing. Saw a reply in another thread about a guy who ordered about 7 hours later and it's on the way right now. My first shipping experience with Google is pretty horrible.

Gurilla

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Order date: 31-Oct-2013 1:39:08 CDT PM
Ships by November 8, 2013.
Received an email from Google on Sunday afternoon stating my package had shipped with a tracking number.

48 hours later and I'm still seeing this:
"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

This is getting really irritating.

Still no tracking info.. I'm beyond frustrated

Posted via Android Central App

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

It depends on where you live as well as the shipper instructions. It seems as if Google doesn't require a signature, but every package in my neighborhood requires a signature.

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ordered Nexus 5 Black 32GB & Nexus 5 White 32GB on Nov 1st, (2nd or 3rd batch, unsure) and still haven't received a shipping email or any email besides the order confirmation email. It was like this when I got the Nexus 4 too, so I guess it's okay. I just don't know why in my Play Store orders it says 3 - 4 weeks for the White model but for the Black model it says Pre-Ordered... does that mean they have more White than Black in stock? Also does anyone know if they'll ship together or as soon as each becomes available? $927 out man, hopefully it's early.

bi0spark

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
It depends on where you live as well as the shipper instructions. It seems as if Google doesn't require a signature, but every package in my neighborhood requires a signature.
Thanks, nothing else has ever needed a signature so I should be fine, its about the time UPS usually drops things off, so I'll hope its there. Stills says out for delivery.

Also, thanks for the MyUPS tip, tried to make an account but it couldn't verify my identity

marc300ib

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a Black 32gb model, but i'm debating whether i should sell it and get the g2, I heard battery life is nothing special, and the screen isn't as vibrant as on the g2, Any thoughts?

praxi5

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Nice! But how does this happen? I ordered a white 16 gig at 2:55pm Oct 31st, it said leaves warehouse by Nov 8th. My status still shows as pending and yet I've ordered it before other people and there receiving theres already. Clearly there isn't any order to this which makes no sense.

EDIT: I'm also from Toronto

I've been wondering if Google does any sort of profiling to determine the order in which consumers get their product.

bi0spark

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, just got home and sadly had a note on my door, it did need a signature. :'( Just called and I'm having them hold it so I can go pick it up tomorrow morning on my way to work.

st_7

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
What To Do?, Please Advise

I was so excited to order my first Nexus & even a first smartphone in the last two years(handled friend's or colleague's smartphones but didn't owned a smartphones since HP Pre3 that I sold it back in 2011) & waited for this Nexus 5 release so anxiously as every one here did, for the last couple of months. Being from outside US, I had to struggle to set up US Play Store account. But after all doing this & ordering my phone, which is yet to be delivered to my freight forwarding address, I'm getting very tense now, seeing all the complaints & problems that are being reported by numerous people on XDA & here. The big problem for me is RMAing if I find out my device is faulty, by the time I get the device in my hands, I will end up paying about $470 for 16GB that I've ordered and if I find out the device is faulty I've send it back to Google straight from my country, I don't know whether I can do it or not(sending device directly to google for RMA without their RMA slip). And once the RMA unit is sent back, I've to get it back again using freight forwarding service and again I've to pay around $60-$70(for shipping, import taxes & customs).

It's not a particular issue that is being reported by people, but a host of them 1) Bad Vibrating Motor, 2) Dead or stuck pixels, 3)Back-Light bleeding, 4)Bad or Muffled sound when volume is set to <50% & 5) Back discoloration are the few to mention. I can live with one or two dead pixels, a small light bleed but just can't live with Bad Vibrating motor & Bad or Muffled sound from speakers. I was hoping & praying that the usual first batch problems are limited to one or two. But I guess, Google left QC for a toss here. I'm quite tense & quite confused what to do now.

Should I return it(by asking my freight forwarding service provider to not to accept the package, if I can do that!?) or continue to get it to me.

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine was waiting by my door today! Ran home, grabbed the box and ran straight to at&t. Picked up the new SIM and am now cruising the cellular airwaves via the Nexus 5!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez