So where and when was the Nexus 5 officially launched?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So with the NDA lifted, when and where did the insiders get informed and given the Nexus 5? There wasn't an event today (Thursday Oct 31) at least not that I see. Was it the Google+ event on Tue that N5's were given to the privileged few? The boys kidded about having paper bags with N5's handcuffed to their wrists...Maybe not so far from the truth. Or was there an actual event and where was it?

Just real curious about when you folks got phones and where? It seemed that they became available on the Play store and every news source began reporting. All at the same time.

Thanks

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I was viewing one of the N5 "anticipation" threads at this forum on my Nexus 7 when a couple people posted that they placed orders. I didn't want to order on my tablet, but on my computer, the Play Store home and Devices tab weren't updated with N5 links, yet. I was in such a rush, I ended up hand-typing the N5 link from my tablet to my computer browser. Ordered about 6 minutes after the launch.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was F5'ing all day and on here bang on 2pm eastern the play store wouldn't load and neither would this place for about 20 seconds, it was here where I 1st saw the "the Nexus 5 is official" news by 2:02 I had my white 32gb ordered...... $28 In sales tax... Ouch!

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38