LG BL-T9(2300mAh)/LG-BL-T7(3000mAh)

thegeneral101

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm less concerned about the 3,000 fitting, and more about being able to change the battery out. No one here seems to be able to answer that question, so I'll mess around with it today once it arrives.

ludesleep

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm less concerned about the 3,000 fitting, and more about being able to change the battery out. No one here seems to be able to answer that question, so I'll mess around with it today once it arrives.
There is a pretty good discussion going on at xda over this topic. Like srkmagnus said above, the BL-T7 is a no go. I think the possibility of an alternative "drop in" battery is reasonably high and I'm willing to crack my N5 open to do it.

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

iFixit tore it down and said it's fairy easy to ope the back plate and remove the battery. The only part that will be tough/expensive to fix is the front display/glass.

thegeneral101

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
iFixit tore it down and said it's fairy easy to ope the back plate and remove the battery. The only part that will be tough/expensive to fix is the front display/glass.

Ah cool, I checked ifixit this morning and didn't see the tear down year. I'll look again.

and @ludesleep I'll check xda, thanks.

thegeneral101

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I think I saw it on the front page of androidcentral this morn, just an FYI :)

found it sir, thank you much!

And to keep the thread on topic, looks like consensus is 3,000 won't fit....but I doubt anybody has actually tried. Just glad to see I'll be able to replace the battery fairly easily. I might even attempt to buy a few and swap them when one runs low (while traveling). I'll mess around with it tonight.

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
found it sir, thank you much!

And to keep the thread on topic, looks like consensus is 3,000 won't fit....but I doubt anybody has actually tried. Just glad to see I'll be able to replace the battery fairly easily. I might even attempt to buy a few and swap them when one runs low (while traveling). I'll mess around with it tonight.

You bet! Keep us updated on the battery, would be nice to know if we could swap one out and get something more in there!

rayden8

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
very interested in this topic. Please post any news about this subject. If there's a way to swap out a better battery, that would be a dream!

rayden8

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
ifixit video showing battery removal

[video]http://news.yahoo.com/video-nexus-5-teardown-shows-phone-surprising-repairability-205533494.html[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez