Do any video call apps support external USB webcam?

ChiChi_

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Zoom, Skype, Skype for Business, Jitsi, Duo, IMO, JusTalk, KiK, and WebRTC are some examples of video call apps that support external USB webcams.

Android devices supports plug-and-play USB cameras through the standard Android Camera2 API and the camera HAL interface.

For example, if you want to use an external USB webcam with Zoom on Android, your phone must support USB 'OTG' (On The Go)

One very helpful app that can turn your smartphone into a high-quality webcam is called iRiun. And it is available for both Android and iOS devices.

Basically, it gives you an easier way to use your smartphone as a webcam, providing you with a better camera for your video calls.

Just remember that this feature's accessibility may differ based on the particular device and app version.

Because of this, it is advised that you verify compatibility and learn how to use an external USB webcam by checking out the app's official documentation or support resources. Yes, you need to read the fine print.

You can view this helpful guide on using an external OTG webcam that I found online.
How to use external OTG webcam for video calls/conference

Hope this helps👍

JohanJohan

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Zoom, Skype, Skype for Business, Jitsi, Duo, IMO, JusTalk, KiK, and WebRTC are some examples of video call apps that support external USB webcams.
Thanks, but how did you find this information? Did you manage to make it work yourself? I tried Zoom and Skype on the S24 Ultra, but it seems they don’t support external webcams. I also tested Teams, Google Meet, and a bunch of other apps, but none of them had this feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201