Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

valley_nomad

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Does any one experience losing photos and videos with N5? Mine has this issue for several times. All pictures and videos in camera folder just disappeared suddenly :-(

Update: I saw a bugreport this morning on my phone. Don't know why it was sent. But my USB Debugging mode is indeed enabled... Can any one tell me something about the stuff I should look for on the report to identify the possible cause of missing photos? Thanks!

Last edited:

Nicat Kerimov

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

My device Nexus 5 16 gb with android 4.4.2kitkat all stock.The problem is that the phone itself is locked in any application such as now when I write a message has to press several times to unlock. Please do a full reset. And it worked fine but when put a couple of programs namely program premium widgets then the phone started again blocked.Than you in advance!

davec3275

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

Okay, I have a rather odd issue. I've had my Nexus 5 for a little over a month now. During that time, I have had NO issues with it and its connection to my home WiFi. Well, Sunday night I accidentally unplugged my WiFi router. Later that night, I noticed the notification icons for WiFi & cellular were orange (not before then hd they been anything but white). At that point, I noticed issues connecting to the internet under certain apps.

Well, today (Monday) I ran the gambit and factory reset the phone and the router. Well, it seemed to be okay after that. BUT, throughout the night after getting home I saw those icons orange again with the same internet connection issues.

I am getting ready to take it back to the T-Mobile store to get checked out. Any other thoughts?

intuitivehearts

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Hello again,
I am back with an issue with the proximity sensor. When I'm in a call, the screen will turn off and then turn back on again when it's held up to my ear (as you do when you make a call...usually).

After reading up about it a little on the internet, some people have been saying that it's because the proximity sensor is poorly placed.

I keep hanging up in calls or dialling numbers, apparently with my face. Is there a software fix for this? Or should I just see what Google Play has to say about it and perhaps get a swap. It's really annoying, especially when you're calling clients on your phone and you hang up on them inadvertently.

Thank you in advance!

howie782

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

OH have this problem..especially if I switch to speaker phone and it screen locks. I also have hangouts crash occasionally. I installed textra then uninstalled it and it quit crashing for the momeent but before doing that it would crash even upon attempting to open hangouts.

Nadav Cohen

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

Having problems with camera lock screen icon. Vanished! Help !!

- - - Updated - - -

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to Android Central! On the lockscreen, what happens if you swipe in from the right? That should open the camera without having to unlock the phone.

Nadav Cohen

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

Thank you. I know I can swipe from the right and open the camera. But I am coming from iOS (iphone 5)and everything there on its place. If there is an icon it does not simply disappear. I think it has something with nova launcher I insralled

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That could very well be the issue. I haven't installed Nova on my N5. Although I'm not sure if the launcher should influence the lockscreen, try reverting back to the Google Now Launcher, and see if the icon comes back.

Nadav Cohen

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I restored my phone. The camera icon was on its right place. After a few hours of use and installing new apps I vanished again. I thought it was a common bug.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I restored my phone. The camera icon was on its right place. After a few hours of use and installing new apps I vanished again. I thought it was a common bug.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I would do another Factory reset and put apps back on one at a time and see when this issue happens. It seems to be an app that you have installed that is interfering.

AllenAtl

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
For the last few days I have gotten 'Connection timed out' errors while trying to open the music tab in the Play Store. The other tabs work fine, but the music tab is not opening. I am having this problem with my Nexus 5 and Nexus 10. Is this a known issue with Play? I am able to open the music tab on the Play website.

Nakul Sagar

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have been facing a problem with the headset .. I connected the headset and when I played music only left hand side is working all fine.. While the right hand side does work but the music is faded.. I tried other headsets also.. Still the same problem ..

Posted via Android Central App

davec3275

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

Well, after a replacement phone and some extra hair pulling, I THINK I beat this issue. I changed the security setting on my router to be WPA2/TPK (instead of WPA2/AES) and set the channel to 11 and so far (knock wood) I have been on wifi for about 18 hours straight with no issues. Here's hoping it's all good now.

Okay, I have a rather odd issue. I've had my Nexus 5 for a little over a month now. During that time, I have had NO issues with it and its connection to my home WiFi. Well, Sunday night I accidentally unplugged my WiFi router. Later that night, I noticed the notification icons for WiFi & cellular were orange (not before then hd they been anything but white). At that point, I noticed issues connecting to the internet under certain apps.

Well, today (Monday) I ran the gambit and factory reset the phone and the router. Well, it seemed to be okay after that. BUT, throughout the night after getting home I saw those icons orange again with the same internet connection issues.

I am getting ready to take it back to the T-Mobile store to get checked out. Any other thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non