Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

russ5811

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

it slides out from the left.

Its currently downloading all the apps i had on old phone but when i open the play store and click on the icon upper left to see the my apps option its completely blank. I don't see the my apps , wish list, and whatever other icons used to be there

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Posted via Android Central App

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

it slides out from the left.

Posted via Android Central App

Yes but at the time it would slide out from left and show my name but nothing under that...after a reboot it worked fine. So far no problems for me. Can we compile a list of problems on the first post? So far I've been able to keep up with the posts but just in case. Just a suggestion

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

That has quite a well known lock screen issue and a very 'meh' camera due to LG's software.

My N5 actually for the first time *knocks wood* seems fine, the camera rattles a bit if you shake the device (Why would you) but I assume that's due to the OIS.

Meh is the last thing I would call it. Utter sh*t (when compared to an iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4, or Note 3) is a better term. It's not even that the camera sensor itself is bad, because it's actually really good if not the same one that Samsung uses in their phones; it's just that LG straight up sucks at optimizing their camera. Anything that had even a hint of bright/white light on it would be completely blown out. Detail and sharpness were also lacking, and colors were muted. That's probably the one thing that I truly and honestly disliked about the phone. There were other flaws, but they weren't major. The camera is major. Nonetheless, I still am returning mine for a Moto X now that Verizon is getting MotoMaker on Monday.

svencux

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

i posted this issue in the camera/video section already but nobody cared. But for me it is a big issue.
So far every single video i recorded stuttered a lot no matter what setting i used.
I just need to know if that is a common problem many people have (so it might get fixed by software update) or is it just me,
so i need to get the phone replaced

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Found a problem. On my nexus 4 most videos would go full screen and play on a ?android video player"

On my nexus 5 some play on a video player that is not full screen so you can still see address bar but it does not play. I then went on dailymotion played the first video I saw and viola it went straight to the full screen android video player but then I reloaded the page clicked play and the video did not open up on the android full screen video player. It stayed on the webpage loading for a long time but never switching to the "video player" . doesn't matter if I use chrome, Firefox or dolphin.

Also I was downloading flash browser (trying to see if videos would work) and that app was taking forever to download that it started giving me -x amount of seconds for it to finish but never did. I then proceeded to download Firefox and after stopping the flash browser download that was taking forever the Firefox download was quick!!

Gary Stevenson

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

The 'only' problem with mine is that "Media server" is draining my battery - Around 10% per hour! Eeek! It was fine for the first few days but now the phone is constantly warm and the battery is running down quickly.. I've given the camera a good try - The results have been a mixed bag - a bit inconsistent..

Melinium

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Poor handling of the SIM contacts, to use them you must import them in your Google contacts, on my Blackberry Z10 and Galaxy S4 i can use them directly
Auto focus on the camera is a little slow something

thehabsonice

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys, I just got my nexus 5 yesterday. Everything is fantastic besides one thing, the most important thing, making phone calls. When I'm talking on the phone others tell me they cannot hear me. This is odd as I know the nexus 5 is supposed to have a decent mic. Has anyone else had this issue? I even tried to looking for the mic because I thought something was blocking it. I'm guessing the microphone is inside the right speaker grill. Am I wrong.? Can anyone help me with this please? Thank you. Is anyone having the same issue?

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

I have clean master installed and I see it says its used up 25% of my battery. I am going to uninstall it

DroBoy

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys, I just got my nexus 5 yesterday. Everything is fantastic besides one thing, the most important thing, making phone calls. When I'm talking on the phone others tell me they cannot hear me. This is odd as I know the nexus 5 is supposed to have a decent mic. Has anyone else had this issue? I even tried to looking for the mic because I thought something was blocking it. I'm guessing the microphone is inside the right speaker grill. Am I wrong.? Can anyone help me with this please? Thank you. Is anyone having the same issue?

I was just on a call with my brother and he said he heard echoes in the background and had trouble hearing me. Few mins later spoke with my dad and he said everything was normal.

Not sure if phone issue or signal will have to do more testing and so forth.

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I think there is an update to fix this issue......check under settings....., about phone.....updates

Ajay Mangla

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

Bluetooth was not able to connect to my chevy volt. Connecting and disconnecting and finally phone hanged. Even the touch screen stop responding. Was not able to hear any ringtone. Had to press 2 min to reset it.
So surprised with this quality from Google.

acudoc411

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

Got mine today. Works fine except while it does connect to the network, I am unable to get any mobile data unless connected to wifi. Neither Google nor t-Mobile can figure out why, :(

mkirtap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I just got the new Nexus 5 and everything is great except one thing, videos (any video) in the youtube app seems to be lagging (micro lag, barely noticeable but extremely annoying). This does not happen in any other app or videos I play, only in the youtube app. Playing youtube videos in chrome is also fine. How can I fix this? I tried to reinstall the updates to the app, also reboot the phone but its still the same. I also have a Nexus 7 where I don't have this problem. Would like some advice : )

EDIT: noticed that netflix also lags a little. Edit: And I'm not talking about buffering.

monstermav1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi I am having a strange issue my nexus 5 is perfect bar one thing
My gmail and hangouts won't sync unless forced whilst on 3g but on WiFi are fine I am lost at what to look for and have not found any sulotion as of yet
The only account I have on my nexus is my Google account thanks in advance

Grant

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

I agree, missing HTC Sense more than i thought i would, came from HTC One, missing internet passthrough (no wifi at work) also the way Sense would link contacts from people app, G+ and twitter, I have lots of duplicates now because of G+ contacts, also being able to make any of your screens the "home screen" with kit kat home is always to the left if you have more than 3 with google now on the far left being 4 your home screen isn't in the center now, creates a lot more swiping to get to far right screen, and pinch on the home screen or double tap home doesn't minimize home screens to jump to end quickly.....

Nova launcher.

fredaroony#AC

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

First phone had issues with the earpiece speaker not working, second one the LED doesnt work at all.

Getting a refund and will wait a few months to fix the issues.

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Hi Kelly,
I should have been a bit more specific.

All the look and feel stuff is taken care of by Nova launcher. I was a long term HTC user, and liked Sense too.

Great thing about Nova(or any of the launchers) is that it's risk free.

Install it and set it up, and if you don't like you just remove it, and hey presto, you're back to stock. No rooting or anything required. It's just another app.

I thought the stock on Kitkat on the n5 was particularly bad, stuck on a 4x4 grid on such a physically large, hi resolution screen.

Contact duplication. I've been there already, and I think it's inevitable coming from sense to any other system. The best fix, I think, is to merge contacts. Slow, but you should only have to do it once.