Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

I got a defective unit. Won't detect my voice or play any audio through the speakers but phone calls only work if set to speakerphone. I don't get it. Now I have to wait for a replacement and I already transferred my number from Verizon to T-Mobile. FML..

kohli

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

Can someone please help me with this issue. I am not getting alerted for any Facebook notifications on my nexus 5.it is only after I go into the app I know there is something.do I have to change some settings. All notification buttons are enabled in my Facebook app settings

ankit12123

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

hi....think its a cool feature. Saves battery.
Why do u need active screen anyway when the device is close to ur face?

Bibidoc1

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

My Yahoo E mail running on the stock App only delivers headers. No messages. Every now and then the fault corrects itself but then recurs. On the Yahoo Mail App, the text will not auto-wrap to fit the screen. So I have a smartphone which is not good at delivering the E mail! I have strong suspicions about Yahoo though, who seem to be in the middle of an ongoing disaster with their mail. Every day there are new issues

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone having issues getting the phone to be properly recognized by Windows 7? When I connect the N5 it gets detected but it never shows up in Windows Explorer. It also appears listed as an unknown device type under Windows devices.

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Is anyone having issues getting the phone to be properly recognized by Windows 7? When I connect the N5 it gets detected but it never shows up in Windows Explorer. It also appears listed as an unknown device type under Windows devices.

No problem here. The only issue I have is with my Windows 8 machine: if it goes to sleep while the Nexus 5 is connected to it, it (the PC) won't wake up (I have to force a shutdown and reboot). As for your issue, I ran across this page which has some possible solutions:

Nexus 5 Driver (ADB and Fastboot) Installation Guide

EDIT: Oh, and of course there's the usual "try another cable," "check that a pin isn't bent," and under the Nexus 5's Settings, go to Storage, bring up the menu, hit "USB computer connection," and make sure "Media Device (MTP)" is selected.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

No problem here. The only issue I have is with my Windows 8 machine: if it goes to sleep while the Nexus 5 is connected to it, it (the PC) won't wake up (I have to force a shutdown and reboot). As for your issue, I ran across this page which has some possible solutions:

Nexus 5 Driver (ADB and Fastboot) Installation Guide

EDIT: Oh, and of course there's the usual "try another cable," "check that a pin isn't bent," and under the Nexus 5's Settings, go to Storage, bring up the menu, hit "USB computer connection," and make sure "Media Device (MTP)" is selected.

Thanks. The troubleshooting method there did the trick. It works fine now. I knew it wasn't a cable problem since the N4 and the N7 were connecting fine with the same cable.

Diesel6401

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

My Yahoo E mail running on the stock App only delivers headers. No messages. Every now and then the fault corrects itself but then recurs. On the Yahoo Mail App, the text will not auto-wrap to fit the screen. So I have a smartphone which is not good at delivering the E mail! I have strong suspicions about Yahoo though, who seem to be in the middle of an ongoing disaster with their mail. Every day there are new issues

Its yahoo. Ive had issues with 3 different phones (3 different brands) and Yahoo emails either don't get pushed or it says (login fail) and its only happening to Yahoo. They're forcing you to use their lame yahoo mail app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

When is Google going to do an update to fix WiFi connection problem? Have router that includes the 5 and 2.4 gigahertz bands and massive issues with connection.
Initially worked but now problems.
Tried going into airplane mode and back, been in settings and enabled 2.4 gigahertz only, have turned phone off and then on. Only found temporary fixes.
Love the Nexus 5 but this is a real issue that has my attention.
Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

This might be a dumb question but , i just havent been able to find out how to delete pictures from the gallery? Should be straight forward, but it isnt. I hold down on a pic and no delete option shows up.

Also , i have both Apex and Nova installed and when i tapped the Home button it gave me the option of which to use. It has stopped doing that and only uses the Google Launcher and NO, i dont have it set as default.

Last edited:

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site

guys, help!!!!!!

when i shake my nexus 5, just a gentle shake, i can hear some cluttering sound, is it the gyroscope??

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

This might be a dumb question but , i just havent been able to find out how to delete pictures from the gallery? Should be straight forward, but it isnt. I hold down on a pic and no delete option shows up.

Also , i have both Apex and Nova installed and when i tapped the Home button it gave me the option of which to use. It has stopped doing that and only uses the Google Launcher and NO, i dont have it set as default.

To delete a pic in Gallery tap on the pic then tap the menu/settings button and there's an option to delete.

I'm not sure about the non default launcher thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

To delete a pic in Gallery tap on the pic then tap the menu/settings button and there's an option to delete.

I'm not sure about the non default launcher thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Yea its weird, it doesnt offer a delete option on all of them.

EDIT** I got the default launcher working normally again. I like the Google launcher because the screen buttons are transparent and give you more screen space but you cant add icons on the dock. I like to roll with seven using Nova or Apex.

Last edited:

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site

Getting the camera ready to take pictures takes a few hundred milliseconds too long. My Galaxy Nexus was a lot faster. That is from the time I press camera on N5 until the time I can snap a picture. Also even if I am already in camera mode on N5, I press the blue button to take a picture and it takes like almost a half of a second, maybe longer before the snap. Step backwards.

Pete Martin-Smith

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

The only problem I have found is that I can't get my phone charging wirelessly. I bought a car charger that is QI WPA 1.1 compliant and nothing happened, so got a replacement unit assuming the charger was at fault but this is the same. Is my phone faulty, anyone else experienced this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38