Notification Light

ranleung

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, Is anyone having trouble with the notification light? Do you have to turn it on and what apps are you guys using?

Thanks

DefinedByClass13

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
There is an option in the Display settings, although that didn't seem to do anything for me. I've never used Light Flow but that seemed to help out with that.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
There is an option in the Display settings, although that didn't seem to do anything for me. I've never used Light Flow but that seemed to help out with that.
I was wondering why it was not coming on. I don't even want to use it, just to make sure its working and see the pretty colors.

Is it working for everybody else without using lightflow?

Sharky19

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I installed LightFlow because I wanted the notification to blink faster. I didn't want to wait by the phone and stare at it for 5 seconds to see if it was flashing. With LightFlow, I can see the notification much faster and the various colors are a nice tough. Very happy with LightFlow.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No problems with the notification light here. Check through the settings as suggested above and let us know how it's going. I actually like the frequency at which the notification lights-up.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I guess it is working . I thought on past phones, I have had, it kept blinking. I was watching when I received my last email and it did indeed flash on but that was it. That is why I have never seen it. Shouldn't it keep blinking?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I guess it is working . I thought on past phones, I have had, it kept blinking. I was watching when I received my last email and it did indeed flash on but that was it. That is why I have never seen it. Shouldn't it keep blinking?
I believe it does blink more than once. I think the blink frequency is less than on previous/other devices.

DefinedByClass13

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I installed LightFlow because I wanted the notification to blink faster. I didn't want to wait by the phone and stare at it for 5 seconds to see if it was flashing. With LightFlow, I can see the notification much faster and the various colors are a nice tough. Very happy with LightFlow.

I never used LightFlow prior to this, but I like it for its color settings. I have my notifications color coded and that helps out a lot!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I have noticed that myself. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Frankly, I think there might be a small bug in Kit Kat with that.

Update: My light blinks if I receive a notification while my phone is turned on. If it comes in while the phone is off, the light does not blink when i turn it on and have messages. This is different from my Galaxy nexus and not sure if it is a bug or not. I do get the notification sounds though all the time.

Last edited: