1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just switched from iPhone 5C to Nexus 5(AT&T) need help with Google Music

Hey guys,
    I just made the switch and while it's a little hard to get use to, I love it. I got a gmail account and switched everything over to it. It's amazing how much more integrated Google is than Apple. Well, I have all Mac computers and downloaded "Music Manager" on my main iTunes computer. I had about 9,000 songs and they are just about done uploading (98% as I'm typing this). Well, it looks like everything is there except my playlists didn't upload but all my songs did. Looks like it just didn't create the playlists. I made sure to have it checked on the Music Manager app. Is there a way to fix this or will they "pop" up once every song is done uploading? Kinda confused by this procedure so any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Default Re: Just switched from iPhone 5C to Nexus 5(AT&T) need help with Google Music

its not going to sync your itunes playlists, you will have to create them... if there is a way, i am not aware of it
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"

Default Re: Just switched from iPhone 5C to Nexus 5(AT&T) need help with Google Music

Try exporting your music to the Google Play Music from iTunes so you can access them from your Android phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well the weird is earlier this year I tried google music(using a different gmail account) and it did sync my playlists successfully.

im not even sure how to make a playlist with google play music lol

making a playlist with google play is easy, i just wasnt aware of the fact you could export itunes playlists... glad you found a solution though! worse case scenario, you know you could just recreate them in google play. i would do this on your pc and it will sync them to all your devices you are logged in on

- - - Updated - - -

btw, hell of a game last week! probably one of the most epic college football finsihes in history!
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"

Quote Originally Posted by bear_lx View Post
    its not going to sync your itunes playlists, you will have to create them... if there is a way, i am not aware of it
    Not sure if they have changed or if its just not allowed on a Mac (don't own one) but when I uploaded my music it uploaded my playlists along with it. I believe there was an option.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by gidgiddonihah View Post
    Not sure if they have changed or if its just not allowed on a Mac (don't own one) but when I uploaded my music it uploaded my playlists along with it. I believe there was an option.
    Yes there is an option but mine didn't do it. I'm gonna have to check but I don't think it uploaded all of my music either. Don't know whether to delete my library from google and try again.

itunes wont export protected songs to google music play. Using a cloud player like amazon mp3 player is really easy as well and you still have storage.
    The "infraction"