Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Titanium Backups --> APK

Hi everyone, here's the deal...
    When I was running dalvik i used to back up my apps using titanium backup. Long story short, I'm now running ART and I'm getting an issue with installing Nova launcher back onto my phone from the play store. I have my Nova zip file on my computer, but I want to make the zip file an APK so i can put it on my Nexus and install it. I need to do it this way because I'm on ART, so I can't use TiBu to restore the file. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Titanium Backups --> APK

Quick question, excuse me if I'm wrong here.. Can't you just redownload it directly from Google Play? There is the free version of Nova and the paid Prime addon version.

Only reason I could see using a backup of Nova is for your launcher settings. You might be able to pull that portion " the settings backup" out of the zip file to restore/copy over to your device once you have Nova up and running.

Edit/Update: Opps just re read your post.. Don't understand why you would be having issues redownloading it from Google Play. Is this just specific to Nova or is this happening with anything you try to install from Google Play?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Quick question, excuse me if I'm wrong here.. Can't you just redownload it directly from Google Play? There is the free version of Nova and the paid Prime addon version.

Only reason I could see using a backup of Nova is for your launcher settings. You might be able to pull that portion " the settings backup" out of the zip file to restore/copy over to your device once you have Nova up and running.

Edit/Update: Opps just re read your post.. Don't understand why you would be having issues redownloading it from Google Play. Is this just specific to Nova or is this happening with anything you try to install from Google Play?
    Specific to Nova, I get an error -24 when it tries installing the app... I've asked on other forums about this, but nothing worked. This is my 2nd attempt at trying to get Nova back running in my nexus before factory reset

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Long shot but could it be something specific to you running ART and Nova? Might be worth contacting the developer for Nova and see what they have to say.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Titanium Backup was updated with support for ART on November 27th (v5.6.0). That error is specific to the Play Store.

Check this out: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...ml#post2215703