Question Need advice for .jar files

Optimum

Jun 16, 2023
Visit site
Hi I m Optimum, I am new to this forum.

I need advice from the all gurus here.
I am totally new to Android, but I have a task on hand.

I need to install a print driver into my Android Tablets (Ver 10) to allow me to print.
I created a file name: tsc_android_sdk_1.zip from the Printer Website.
In the Zip folder there is a tscsdk.jar file.
1686896756055.png

Steps taken to install the .jar file
1) I downloaded and unzipped the folder, tried to run the file but it was invalid.
2) I downloaded J2ME Loader apps, tried to run the file Error: Fail Attribute "MIDlet-Name: Not found"
3) I used an online converter MConvert to convert .jar to .apk file, when tried to run the .apk file on my tablets. Prompt: There was a problem while parsing the package.
1686896790716.png
(When I convert the file I only selected the .jar file but I did not include the folder named .idea)

1686896831459.png
This is the file converted by MConverter.

Can anyone offer me some advise on above issue?

Thank You
Thanks

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What printer are you trying to use? Are you certain this driver is compatible with Android? There is typically no way to install drivers for peripherals on Android devices -- the peripherals themselves need to be designed for Android compatibility.

It should work without difficulty if the printer is connected to the same wi-fi network as your phone: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-print-your-android-phone-or-tablet. Or is the printer too old to have a wi-fi connection?