Same filename for every pic?

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I've recently discovered that every pic I send via MMS has the same filename. The receiver has to rename the file every time they get a picture from my nexus 5.

Is there a setting to correct this?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can point me in the right direction.

Posted via Android Central App

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
No. When using MMS the picture is modified to make it smaller to conform with MMS and uses a default name. The receiver doesn't have to convert it unless they choose to download/save it. They can leave it as is and view it if they don't delete the message. The solution is to send via email which will use the original file name.

However, a 3rd party SMS/MMS app might offer that option.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I am using Textra as my SMS/MMS app. I've also tried sending with hangouts and recipient has told me pics all have same file name regardless of what app I send them with. They can view the pic but if they want to save, they have to change the name because it will have the same filename.

Is there a setting on my nexus 5 to fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Need to bump this. This is driving me crazy. Is it all Nexus 5's or just mine? Should I restore back to factory settings and see if this gets solved? Has anyone else been told this by the recipient of your MMS's that they have to rename every time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez