Notification Badge App

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a good notification badge app. I have so many notifications coming through on a daily basis from work and personal that its hard to keep up with.

I already have notifyer but its like the devs have given up on it. It sends false notification badges to my app icons and sometime won't respond to my command when I try to open a certain app. For example twitter, I'll keep touching the icon on my home screen to open it but nothing happens.

Can anyone suggest something that's decent and reliable. I don't want to have to set everything up again and have to uninstall it, as we all know, this can get to be a bit of a process.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks community!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I personally use a third party launcher and its notification plugin. In particular Nova with Tesla Unread Notifications. Apex also has its own reliable notification plugin. Either of these provide app notification badges on a number of messaging and and email applications.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I personally use a third party launcher and its notification plugin. In particular Nova with Tesla Unread Notifications. Apex also has its own reliable notification plugin. Either of these provide app notification badges on a number of messaging and and email applications.

Thanks, at this point I'm just running stock 442. And possibly in the future will try launchers. But I'm just looking for a decent notification badge app from the Google play.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, at this point I'm just running stock 442. And possibly in the future will try launchers. But I'm just looking for a decent notification badge app from the Google play.

Luckily we can be stock and use alternate launchers. I'm stock 4.4.2 as well. Enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Luckily we can be stock and use alternate launchers. I'm stock 4.4.2 as well. Enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So then I'm confused. Doesn't a launcher make the OS look completely different?

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
That is correct. You can also change the icons and their size, from lots of choices from Google Play. There are lots of free ones available for you to try.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
That is correct. You can also change the icons and their size, from lots of choices from Google Play. There are lots of free ones available for you to try.

I'd like to try them but $4.00 for unread count seems a little crazy. I tried nova but didn't realize that you have to pay to get the unread count feature. Understandable for the devs but I don't think I can justify that cost for unread counts when notifyer is free and does an okay job. I wish the devs would just update notifyer to be more accurate! I know it seems that I'm cheap but you know, I'll give it awhile and see what happens. Probably end up getting nova or apex

What's the difference between nova and apex anyway?

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
After you download nova look for Tesla unread. That is what provides the unread count badges. Its free.

I've found out that nova's unread count badge will work with most messaging apps, except hangouts.

Therefore if you use hangouts and want the app badge for hangouts, you will have to use apex and their apex notifier add on.

I've purchased both launchers as to take advantage of all features. However, you can try them for free.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Fair warning, you lose all the cool Nexus 5 unique Google Now features if you jump to another launcher.

Yea that's what I was wondering. I work for a Canadian carrier and I have the chance to get my hands on a Samsung S5. The battery and quality of build interests me greatly but I'm concerned about losing all the amazing Google features offered on the N5.I really really like the Google stock Android and I'm afraid that I will lose this with all the bloat ware that Samsung has pumped the phone full of. Is this something that I cannot get around? Btw, I know about the Google play edition, that will not be an option at this point in time. Is there a Google now launcher or something I could use without rooting my device?

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea that's what I was wondering. I work for a Canadian carrier and I have the chance to get my hands on a Samsung S5. The battery and quality of build interests me greatly but I'm concerned about losing all the amazing Google features offered on the N5.I really really like the Google stock Android and I'm afraid that I will lose this with all the bloat ware that Samsung has pumped the phone full of. Is this something that I cannot get around? Btw, I know about the Google play edition, that will not be an option at this point in time. Is there a Google now launcher or something I could use without rooting my device?

You'll always be able to root and install CWM...

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Fair warning, you lose all the cool Nexus 5 unique Google Now features if you jump to another launcher.

True but you can easily switch back since kit Kat provides an easy way to switch launchers.

Posted via Android Central App

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
True but you can easily switch back since kit Kat provides an easy way to switch launchers.

Posted via Android Central App

So everything that I am experiencing with the Nexus 5 will not be available on any other android device unless it is a Google play edition? For example Google now? Can you uninstall any if Samsungs bloat ware? For example S Calendar?

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
So everything that I am experiencing with the Nexus 5 will not be available on any other android device unless it is a Google play edition? For example Google now? Can you uninstall any if Samsungs bloat ware? For example S Calendar?

Galaxy devices come with Google Now as it's baked into the system similar to the Play Store or Maps. You will not get the Google Launcher (unless you sideload it) and you will have bloatware UNLESS you put a custom ROM on it. Cyanogen Mod does a great job of being stock Android with lots of useful extra features that don't bog the system down. It's the first thing I would do if I bought a new, non GE or Nexus phone: install a Cyanogen Mod ROM.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy devices come with Google Now as it's baked into the system similar to the Play Store or Maps. You will not get the Google Launcher (unless you sideload it) and you will have bloatware UNLESS you put a custom ROM on it. Cyanogen Mod does a great job of being stock Android with lots of useful extra features that don't bog the system down. It's the first thing I would do if I bought a new, non GE or Nexus phone: install a Cyanogen Mod ROM.

Apparently you can download Google launcher apk, as long as the device has 442 or newer. I saw a S5 running a Google now launcher and it seemed great. Is touch wiz really that crappy?. Reviews have reported that it runs great on the S5. The battery is a very attractive aspect of the S5. Thoughts?

mattjopete

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Having come from an older Touchwiz device... its better than most skinned versions of android IMHO but nothing beats stock android... or at least stock feeling android.

ricb17

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a good notification badge app. I have so many notifications coming through on a daily basis from work and personal that its hard to keep up with.

I already have notifyer but its like the devs have given up on it. It sends false notification badges to my app icons and sometime won't respond to my command when I try to open a certain app. For example twitter, I'll keep touching the icon on my home screen to open it but nothing happens.

Can anyone suggest something that's decent and reliable. I don't want to have to set everything up again and have to uninstall it, as we all know, this can get to be a bit of a process.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks community!

If you have mashmellow 6.0.1 , just download M Notifier , (don't need M Mashmellow launcher). Notification access in phone setting and that it, then just mark which app you want notification badge.
Good Luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch