Has anyone yet received 4.4.3 on their Nexus 5?

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't think anyone here has 4.4.3 as you can't even download and sideload it. With all the false rumors going around I am waiting for a real announcement from Google.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
If Google allowed only one Android cell phone design and single manufacture with almost the same hardware like the over priced Fruit phone the bug would be fixed also.

I've never disagreed more on this site, about something I've read. Part of the beauty of android is the ability for manufacturers to take it and put it on whatever phone they want. If android was on only 1 piece of hardware, I'd have to wait until there was a true linux phone (android is linux based) that isn't limited. I'm an open source/linux user, and won't be a slave to apple's iLife and windows crap.

Secondly, I can't believe people are freaking out because google won't release an update when they want it, instead of waiting until it's ready.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree Android is much better than iOS which you can't even stinking set a default browser as you were stuck with crappy Safari without JB. Come on. Just they are slower with the updates but now I understand that there are many different kinds of phones and tablets made by different manufacturers but Apple iOS only runs on Apple hardware and nothing else so it is easier to update.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
That's because android is OTA not hook up to crap iTunes and DL a file. Different update system. I'm not a fan of these batch updates either, but it's there to protect you from further issues. The bug wasn't that bad, usually a reboot would fix it, at least temporarily.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

IOS is OTA as well...and as for 4.3.3, I had complety forgotten about it as my N5 works perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
IOS is OTA as well...and as for 4.3.3, I had complety forgotten about it as my N5 works perfectly.

Yes, NOW it is OTA. It took awhile for them to catch on to that. Android has been that way since GB, I think. I'm absolutely loving my N5, an update would be OK with me, however everything is working great

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I love how the thread dies over the weekend and as soon as the weekday hits it picks up again lol:D. So guys whens the update coming out?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I love how the thread dies over the weekend and as soon as the weekday hits it picks up again lol:D. So guys whens the update coming out?

No one knows. Sprint jumped the gun. Which is why everyone went all nuts about an update. It'll probably be out in may sometime.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
My complaint is the same one I have had for a while, I don't mind being patient if I am given info.

Communication has always been Google's weakness. While they are dog training it, or whatever cute term they use for QC testing, let us know they are working on it.

Even, we are working on a maintenance release for Kitkat and after we make it the best it can be we will release it, please bare with us. Something, anything is better than silence.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
My complaint is the same one I have had for a while, I don't mind being patient if I am given info.

Communication has always been Google's weakness. While they are dog training it, or whatever cute term they use for QC testing, let us know they are working on it.

Even, we are working on a maintenance release for Kitkat and after we make it the best it can be we will release it, please bare with us. Something, anything is better than silence.

Dan

I feel the same way, if they told me an exact date to when the update would be released then i would just wait for that date. But no every morning i have hope it will release and it hasnt happened yet :(

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same way, if they told me an exact date to when the update would be released then i would just wait for that date. But no every morning i have hope it will release and it hasnt happened yet :(

I am not sure even an exact date is required, just an update as to what is going on.

Exact dates are hard, it is a promise that if not met makes more headaches than it is worth from a marketing perspective.

Honestly, just a hey guys we are working on am update to fix some bugs and overall improve your handset and as soon as possible we will get it to you.

HTC has gotten a lot better at communicating, even giving a neat outline of how their update process works.

Dan

Last edited:

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure even an exact date is required, just an update as to what is going on.

Exact dates are hard, it is promise that if not met makes more headaches than it is worth from a marketing perspective.

Honestly, just a hey guys we are working on am update to fix some bugs and overall improve your handset and as soon as possible we will get it to you.

HTC has gotten a lot better at communicating, even giving a neat outline of how their update process works.

Dan

I agree. Google is **** poor at providing information about updates. Even a month, or a Qtr estimate would be appreciated. What usually happens is someone randomly gets the update, then the side loading begins, and within 48-72 hrs most people have it.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the update will come tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day after that, or the next day after. Lol just a pattern i tell myself when waiting for the update:cool:

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I think the reason why it is taking so long is they are including a lot more devices in their testing than Nexus devices. HTC and Moto are getting the update soon after the first wave going to Nexus. I would rather they take their time now and get it right than release it like they did 4.4.1 and then stop it as they build 4.4.2 a week after to fix some bug.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the reason why it is taking so long is they are including a lot more devices in their testing than Nexus devices. HTC and Moto are getting the update soon after the first wave going to Nexus. I would rather they take their time now and get it right than release it like they did 4.4.1 and then stop it as they build 4.4.2 a week after to fix some bug.

Oh, I completely agree, I prefer that Google takes their time and gets it right, but let us know what is going on.

Communicate, my employer discovered that by simply communicating with our customers what is going on and what we are doing makes for happier customers.

My employer is vague with specific times and instead just says that we are working on an update and will push it as soon as we can.

Every few weeks since the initial post about the update, my employer will post that we are still working on the update and or testing the update for quality and will get it out as soon as those processes are finished.

Plus, we ensure that all points of contact are given the same information so our customers are given the same and more importantly the latest info.

Dan

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

IOS has been receiving OTA updates since iOS 5 in 2011.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non