Has anyone yet received 4.4.3 on their Nexus 5?

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Funny if you actually think that we are going to receive 4.5 next month. They will announce it next month but no way we will actually get it on our devices for a while.

What I read says end of June, but most likely July.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
What I read says end of June, but most likely July.

Google usually releases the new software when they release a new phone. When the nexus 5 came out so did Kitkat, that is why i think Android 4.4.3 will come to our phone before 4.5 but we just don't know when.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Google usually releases the new software when they release a new phone. When the nexus 5 came out so did Kitkat, that is why i think Android 4.4.3 will come to our phone before 4.5 but we just don't know when.

Another rumor points to 4.5 launching with the new Nexus 8 tablet(June-July). FYI, there won't be a Nexus 6.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Another rumor points to 4.5 launching with the new Nexus 8 tablet(June-July). FYI, there won't be a Nexus 6.

I know there will be no Nexus 6 :( , but we just have to wait and see what Google decides to do with the new software.

DaveG67

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
It's not in the basic OS and I suspect it is not merely a question of being rooted. Are you also running a custom ROM/kernel?

Sorry, meant to say 'my rom' instead of just root. Using SlimKAT. Never looked into it before though. But IIRC LightFlow Lite and Volume+ allow you to unlink the two volume settings.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I know there will be no Nexus 6 :( , but we just have to wait and see what Google decides to do with the new software.

It's still just a rumor, although from a very credible source, but I think there will be a Nexus 6. If I could bet a few dollars I would. :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I get the no Social Media thing don't use it myself.

That being said I know many who like it and use it heavily as a means to keep in the loop.

As to being unable to rate apps for example, IMHO not a big loss, I mean if you think about it for ten seconds who is anybody really and are they qualified to make such judgements? My wife always says who are you (the you being me) and why would anybody care what you think.

Just my two cents,
Dan

Posted via Android Central App

I like reading user reviews. Bloggers can be biased, or whatever. But I always read user reviews. I like reading posts too, even though I don't know the posters. :D

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
"*Our guess is that Google planed to release the new firmware earlier, but because of the delays and because Google I/O is right around the corner, the search engine giant will launch the new update at their annual developers conference, June 26."

Android 4.4.3 Update for Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10 Rumors and Expected Release

Agree that is my guess now that the next OS release will be at Google I/O (June 25-26th). However there are new rumors in the wind that says this could be Android version Lollipop 4.5. Google I/O is usually reserved for major operating system releases as it’s the perfect chance to showcase the new features and also demonstrate the new API’s and system-level components to developers. Is Android 4.4.3 being dropped to make way for the Android 4.5 or 5.0 rollout? Lots of new rumors are flying out on Lollipop..

Google Android 4.5 Lollipop to Combine Android and Chrome, June Release and Top Features to Expect - International Business Times

Has Android 4.4.3 been canceled on account of Android Lollipop? - AndroidPIT

Google I/O 2014: What to expect

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's still just a rumor, although from a very credible source, but I think there will be a Nexus 6. If I could bet a few dollars I would. :)

I agree... I'd bet there will be one more Nexus smartphone before the rumored "Silver" project starts early next year...

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree... I'd bet there will be one more Nexus smartphone before the rumored "Silver" project starts early next year...

I doubt it. The Nexus 5's specs are still high-end-enough and should be fine for the rest of the year.

But we shall see!

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
This looks completely legit.
Sloppily produced document though. E.g. the manual download procedure says step 3 "About Device", it's actually "About Phone", step 4 says "Software Update", it's actually "System Updates". No excuse for sloppiness like that when you are dictating instructions for punters.

Google have dropped the ball on this update. It's only a minor update but has been months in the coming. The bad battery bugs should have been fixed by now. Google's smug attitude about publicly communicating anything about updates is annoying and frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87