Corporate Exchange Calendar with Nexus 5?

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone import just their work calendar and display it in an app with their GMail Calendar?

I have a Gmail personal calendar which displays great in DigiCal (pro ver) but would also like to import just the Calendar from my works Exchange. I only want the Calendar as the Nexus isn't able to run the encrypted MDM that we use for our enterprise phones so no email no notes no sms etc but I'm allowed the Calendar.

Problem is, I can't get it working

Anyone have ideas?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Couple of questions:

1) Which MDM does your company use?

2) Please at least try installing/testing Touchdown HD; It is as close to running Outlook on your device as possible. Not inexpensive, but a 30 day free, full-function trial. See https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.nitrodesk.honey.nitroid&token=2qi8RZcX

Most Secure: TouchDown supports exchange activesync policies such as PIN, Remote Wipe, Data encryption and Storage card encryption of corporate data. Hundreds of organizations trust TouchDown to ensure security, privacy and confidentiality of their data. Discerning organizations mandage the use of TouchDown to ensure high usability along with security.

Corporate Data Separation: TouchDown keeps your corporate data separate from your personal data. Without TouchDown, your employer can actually flatten your phone to factory defaults. With TouchDown, they can only remove corporate data belonging to them, leaving behind your personal information.

S/MIME: TouchDown is the only android solution so far that supports sending and receiving S/MIME signed and encrypted emails. S/MIME signing and encryption ensures that your emails are not tampered with, and can ensure that emails you send can be ensured to be visible only to the intended recipient.

Manageable : TouchDown integrates with most popular Mobile Device Management solutions in the market today, increasing the chances that your phone can play well with your IT organization's security policies.

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
We use SOTI Mobicontrol but it doesn't enroll on Nexus 5 properly and if you do somehow manage to enroll it they only count it as an Android device and not an Android + (meaning no remote control, wipe, etc). We've never been able to get it to function properly.

I'll have to look in to the pricing on this.

I know Google just bought out Divide (think Knox) so there may come a time where I'm allowed Corporate Email/Contacts/Calendar on my personal device but for right now I'm just allowed Calendar and that is only assuming I can get it to sync.

My Samsung S4 has zero problems running the Calendar but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo my beloved Nexus can't.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The standard license for Touchdown HD is $19.99. I know they offer discounts for multiple licenses but have no idea what the price levels are.

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to read up on this when I get to the office.

I am assuming that it just installs on my local laptop at work and then syncs my android Calendar (or Digical since that is what I am using) with the Outlook Contacts, Calender or whatever I set it to?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No, you install it on your android phone and only on your phone. It uses Exchange's ActiveSync abilities to sync (your choice of) Mail, Calendar, folders, tasks, contacts and notes.

If you have any problems, contact Touchdown support ( TouchDown for Android ). They are fast and helpful.

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Weird, one of the guys at work has an N5 as well and he just installs a Corporate account, punches in his exchange account data and viola, he gets everything to his phone. Not sure why my wouldn't work LOL

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this would be the case for you as we run MobileIron and Touchdown. Touchdown does sync email, contacts, calendars from our Outlook but it only syncs it in the Touchdown app. From what I've read, it can't be integrated into the Google Calendar through Touchdown. So if you're looking to have your personal and work events on one Google Calendar, I don't think Touchdown can do that.

Here's a discussion from them in August of 2013 stating they will not sync with any other apps:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/nitrodesk/hnME1m9PosE/w1AhKMxvAMsJ

No, you install it on your android phone and only on your phone. It uses Exchange's ActiveSync abilities to sync (your choice of) Mail, Calendar, folders, tasks, contacts and notes.

If you have any problems, contact Touchdown support ( TouchDown for Android ). They are fast and helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez