Google Now Can't Load Search Results

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
This problem came up this morning. Anytime I do a search on Google Now, I get that message, either on my Nexus 5 or Nexus 7, but doing a search through Chrome browser works fine. Anyone else seen this issue or know a fix?

Sent from my Nexus 5 :-D

Laura Foster Franks

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I started having this issue yesterday after downloading the 4.4.3 Kit Kat update. It worked sporadically for about 5 minutes and is gone again. I can get images, videos, and directions to work and all other websites are cooperating...

coverton341

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having exact same issue as of this morning. Haven't downloaded any OTA update as I am running a custom ROM. I also can get images, news, videos, and search options to work, just not web search from Google Now.

ETA: I am also on a Nexus 5

Last edited:

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem last night. It's been working fine since this morning, though.

Sent from my Note 10.1 via Android Central App

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Got a fix. Uninstall updates then update to the latest version from Google Play and web search should work again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

TheDeezy1

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue on GS4. Started this morning around 9 am cst, after being perfectly normal before that. I found that it started when I performed a full reset of my phone. I have tried soft and hard resets, and have even in installed updates as well as cleared data, etc and can only get maybe one good search after clearing. It WILL work for at least one search, but after that it bugs out to the same disappointing message, Can't load search results, image, vids, news, etc, tabs however will display relevant info to search, just that Web search from widget bar or app is not functioning. Voice command also will Web search fine, just not manual entry. Anyone with insight pls?

Posted via Android Central App

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue on GS4. Started this morning around 9 am cst, after being perfectly normal before that. I found that it started when I performed a full reset of my phone. I have tried soft and hard resets, and have even in installed updates as well as cleared data, etc and can only get maybe one good search after clearing. It WILL work for at least one search, but after that it bugs out to the same disappointing message, Can't load search results, image, vids, news, etc, tabs however will display relevant info to search, just that Web search from widget bar or app is not functioning. Voice command also will Web search fine, just not manual entry. Anyone with insight pls?

Read my comment right above yours.

TheDeezy1

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I've uninsulated and reinstalled google search several times as well as resets and clearing cache and data. After each un/reinstall of just about every google related app, the manual Web search will work for anywhere from just one search to as many as 5 so far then reverts back to the same problem. Trying to pinpoint any updates possibly received from any other apps thinking maybe that's what's causing the issue? Conflicting apps perhaps? Not sure, but still looking for a permanent solution.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Exact same issues. Clear data and I get one search. My wife has exact same republic wireless moto x and hers is working fine.

Seggzy

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Clear data and I get one result until it does it again. Only with web.. I can select images etcetera no problem... HTC one m7 stock.

4runner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Got a fix. Uninstall updates then update to the latest version from Google Play and web search should work again.

Same issue affecting me. I deleted updates and it worked fine; but once the Play Store updated it didn't work again.

4runner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried it twice with same results. As soon as I delete the updates for Search it works, but after updating it can't load results.

Rirruto

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Experiencing same problem on my Galaxy S4. All other searches work, i.e. Shopping, Images, Video, etc. Just web search not working.

I tried the uninstall updates then updating again through Google Play. I had one successful search and the next one received the "Can't load search results" error again. Extremely annoying.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ugg my fix was a temporary fix. Problem is back. A thread/ticket has been posted about this on Google's Product forums. Lots of other accounts of this issue. Really appeared out of nowhere.