Unknown app on battery screen

Saverio Geronimo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Can anybody tell me what are the 2 unknown items on my battery screen? Some kind of bug?
Thanks
Saverio Cubisino
Nexus 5 4.4.3

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 11042.jpg
    11042.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 63

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, click the unknowns and see what information pops-up. Also, is this something that has recently started to occur? I don't recall ever seeing an unknown process.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Apps. Slide right to the "All" group. Scroll to the bottom part of the list looking for anything called "Unknown". If you find anything, strongly suggest you uninstall it.

Let us know what you find.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sounds concerning. Are you rooted?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Saverio Geronimo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
That sounds concerning. Are you rooted?

No, I am not rooted, ordinary nexus 5 recently updated to 4.4.3, nova launcher. I just checked now and the unknown items disappeared... They stayed in the screen for almost 3 hours.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully that's the end of it. Keep an eye out for more occurrences.

bbcalin

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I have same issue with my nexus 5 Screenshot_2014-09-07-08-36-52.jpg .I have kitkat 4.4.4 and art(not dalvik).
I believe it is an app who made this and I have to uninstall the recently installed apps.
Any help is good.Thanks.

bbcalin

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea from where appears that "unknown" app .I only install apps from google market ,no untrusted source.I also have Nova Launcher installed,but i don't have 2 "unknown" apps like Saverio,it was only one,but still that don't seems to be normal.
same like in the picture of my predecessor (Saverio Geronimo) except CPU total was 1 minute and 43 seconds.

Last edited:

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Surprise. I just had "(Unknown)" show up in the battery usage on my Nexus 5 for the first time ever. I was monitoring battery usage a lot lately (due to Wear issues). It appeared perhaps immediately after I performed a Google Play Store update that updated the following apps:

8sms
firefox
rocket player
tivo
wikipedia

And of those, the only one I have launched since the update was 8sms (and they unfortunately added "ads", barf). Anyway, same symptoms as others report- there is no "Unknown" app installed. I can't get any info about "Unknown", I can't stop "Unknown" because there are no options for it, nothing shows up as "Unknown" under running apps. Phone is not rooted.

Doesn't seem like this something that Android should allow to happen.