PC does not recognize Nexus 5

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to transfer some photos from my Nexus 5 to my PC. I've attached the Nexus 5 via USB. The Nexus 5 charges. The PC does not recognize the Nexus 5. Prior to the latest Android update I was able to successfully transfer music to and from the Nexus 5 using the USB connection. I made sure Media device (MTP) was selected under USB connection. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to transfer some photos from my Nexus 5 to my PC. I've attached the Nexus 5 via USB. The Nexus 5 charges. The PC does not recognize the Nexus 5. Prior to the latest Android update I was able to successfully transfer music to and from the Nexus 5 using the USB connection. I made sure Media device (MTP) was selected under USB connection. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Try another USB port. Also, are the appropriate drivers installed or updated?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Also, go into developer settings and make sure USB debugging is turned off. A friend had this problem and took forever to figure out :( .

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.
All USB ports behaved the same way but you gave me an idea. I changed from the thin cable provided by Google to a thicker one I had from some other device. The different cable solved the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runblue