Why has my Lollipop Acore received an error after adding accounts from any app that talks to contacts?

ChrissMari

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Lollipop Acore Error after adding accounts from any app that "talks" to contacts.

Nexus5 running stock lollipop

I installed the OTA and found that various programs that I installed and used the contacts would pop up the damn acore process error. Facebook, LinkedIN. Different app would be the straw that broke the camels back each time...

I did all the normal "clear contacts app cache" and "clear system cache" suggestions and it didn't work.
After several factory resets, I thought the OTA may have been ****ed, so I nuked and flashed the full factory image

Sigh...
I just set up my work's exchange account and I'm getting all the acore process errors again. What else can I do?

ETA: The when I disabled the contacts storage app it stopped the errors but I can't keep that app disabled can I?

Last edited:

xfortrenox

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lollipop Acore Error after adding accounts from any app that "talks" to contacts.

I am having the same issues. I went back to KK, added all my accounts, then did the ota upgrade. It worked for a couple days until I opened an app that I had forgot to add the account for. Annnnd back to square one.
Have you had any luck?

ChrissMari

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lollipop Acore Error after adding accounts from any app that "talks" to contacts.

nope... you and I are talking about it over on Google's forums. We can't be the only two people having this issue!!

Converted007

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

Nope. U arent. Got the exact same issue and on several devices (Moto X with 4.4.4) and the Nexus 7 (2013) with android Lollipop. Im desperate because nothing helps... Not even clearing the contacts storage cache. Disabling it all helps, but then i cant use the contacts app anymore. Its pretty annoying.

pablo1215

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I hate these google errors that just show up for a lot of people randomly but then they usually "fix themselves" after a while and nobody ever has a clear way to fix anything. I am having this same issue now and it's beyond annoying to have to reset my phone to get it to work.

Converted007

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

Are we in hope that it is fixed in the latest 5.1 update? Let's hope for the best...