Why doesn't my Nexus 5 turn back on?

A

AC Question

Nexus 5 doesn't turn back on and I don't know what to do!

My phone recently today just randomly turned off. I thought it was my charger that wasn't working, but I tried using my friend's charger and it was my phone that wasn't working. I tried charging it again, but now it just shows "Google" and turns off again. I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking of taking it to the store and see if I could get it fixed..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 doesn't turn back on and I don't know what to do!

Welcome to Android Central! When it's powered off and you plug it into wall outlet, does a battery icon appear on the screen?

Try plugging it into a wall outlet and leave it undisturbed for 6-8 hours. Now try powering on again.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

I had a similar problem and ended up replacing the battery and is working fine now. I'm also planning to purchase an external battery case to help me when I go on long trips to gain a combined strength of like 5,000mAh.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

I had a similar problem and ended up replacing the battery and is working fine now. I'm also planning to purchase an external battery case to help me when I go on long trips to gain a combined strength of like 5,000mAh.

My Nexus 5 didn't have that battery issue but my Nexus 7 (2013) would boot and die over and over. Then I replaced the battery and it works great again.

By the way I would try a hard reset on that Nexus 5 first by holding the power button down for about 30 seconds solid.