Why can't I download my MMSownload MMS - AT&T?

bronsonelliott

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Can't download MMS - AT&T

Hoping someone can help. I have a Nexus 5 on the AT&T network. Been using it without issue since Halloween 2014. All of a sudden, the past couple of days, I'm having some issues with MMS messages. I started a new group message and only one person received it. I haven't been able to text pictures to people. And today I have been receiving notification stating "Can't download MMS - check your APN settings".

I can send regular one on one text messages just fine and sometimes group messages do go through. Sometimes not. Pictures don't seem to be going through at all.

Nothing has changed on my phone and I definitely haven't touched the APN settings. I'm using the "phone" APN for AT&T with all of the correct settings founds online.

I had a friend who's using a 2014 Moto X Pure Edition send me his APN (also AT&T) and he has one called "nxtgenphone" but all of the other settings are identical to the "phone" APN. I've tried added a new APN for "nxtgenphone" but when I select it and then reboot, the phone goes back to the "phone" APN automatically.

Anyone know what could be going on? Is it an AT&T issue? My issue? Other? I'm not sure what to do or check at this point.

Again, everything has worked just fine for months. This is a recent issue the past couple of days.

Thanks!

Bronson

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't download MMS - AT&T

Have you spoken to AT&T about this yet? They're probably the best place to start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non