Google Nexus 6 wake up feature ?

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: wake up feature ?

Thought I read that you can "Ok Google" from any screen including when it is turned off. It will turn on with that phrase.
I was watching The Verge's video demonstration of this capability today and it activated the "OK Google" function on my phone. Oops! I think somone needs to fix that error.

(In their article they also confirm double-tap to turn on the screen should work, though it has yet to be demonstrated: 12 of the best new features in Android Lollipop | The Verge)

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Android police have updated their first impressions to say that the N6 in fact does not have tap to wake. They even reached out to Google and they confirmed it. The only reason it was waking up is because they were rocking it back and forth when tapping it, causing the pick up to wake feature to activate.

Posted via Android Central App

androidkin

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 6 does not support tap to wake, as it does not have the necessary hardware.
There's a functionality called ambient display which awakens the screen when the devices is picked up. It's not very reliable and can be hit or miss. To use go to Settings, Display and Ambient Display.

Screenshot_2015-04-17-08-41-26.jpg

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
On the paid version of Nova Launcher, you can enable the double tap to "Screen Off." You get half of it.
To wake, you do need to be rooted and there are at least 2 apps on the Play Store to wake it.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Nexus 6.

mistaj33

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any option for "screen off" in Nova Prime. I assume you're referring to the "Gestures and Buttons" area of Nova's settings. I see no option for "screen off" in there. Am I missing something?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any option for "screen off" in Nova Prime. I assume you're referring to the "Gestures and Buttons" area of Nova's settings. I see no option for "screen off" in there. Am I missing something?
Go to Gestures and Buttons and then Double Tap.
Use the double tap app by Katecca in the Play Store and sync them together.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Nexus 6.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Wakeup Touch Nexus in the play store works. Double tap hasn't for me but using the proximity sensor, it wakes the screen with a swipe of the hand over it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa