Nexus 6 or Wait

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If this phone was a 5" phone, I would probably not be getting it. The N5 is still a great phone and will be getting L. But since it is a phablet, something I have wanted, and it being a motorola Nexus at that, I am all in. The fact that they went all out and made the spec's delicious is just the gravy. Would I like for it to be 64-bit? Sure, but then it was like HD TVs when they first came out. No reason to get one until there was enough content to watch to really use one. 64-bit is great, but it is still a ways away from impacting the things we normally do with our phones for now.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
If this phone was a 5" phone, I would probably not be getting it. The N5 is still a great phone and will be getting L. But since it is a phablet, something I have wanted, and it being a motorola Nexus at that, I am all in. The fact that they went all out and made the spec's delicious is just the gravy. Would I like for it to be 64-bit? Sure, but then it was like HD TVs when they first came out. No reason to get one until there was enough content to watch to really use one. 64-bit is great, but it is still a ways away from impacting the things we normally do with our phones for now.

the 6" Phablet brings me significant value and a much improved experience over my Nexus 5. with Nexus we have the luxury of the OS being updated so we need a BIG extra push in the hardware to make it worth the upgrade!

It's worth waiting for the imminent known device but not the distant unknown device.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You should just wait & see what the other devices have to offer as the Nexus 6 isn't going anywhere & you might even snag one for cheaper down the road.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I know people rave about the nexus phones, but are they really that much better?

'Better' is in the eye of the user. Some people really enjoy the skins of other smartphones.

The way I look at it, Nexus phones are like ordering a cheese pizza and being able to specify any additional toppings you want - if you want any conventional toppings, maybe sausage/mushroom/black olives, you can get them. Other phones with a Touchwiz, Sense, etc are like a pizza only available in a deluxe that includes a couple of special ingredients you can't order on you Nexus pie - let's say corn and avocado. And maybe you really love corn and avocado on your pizza, so it's great. Unless you don't, in which case you're screwed, since that other place won't make you a pie without them.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Probably what a year or so away before it's even worth it? and probably even longer before the majority of apps are optimized for it?

From what I am reading 64 bit is going to be a big deal if you are hard core into gaming... but the majority of apps and operation it's pointless...

qhd is pointless too as no apps are optimized for it but yet its here.

kvadd2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I would go for the Nexus 6. Bigger screen, and most importantly, no waiting for the new Android versions. HTC:s sense is quite good, but a vanilla is better. :)

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I would go for the Nexus 6. Bigger screen, and most importantly, no waiting for the new Android versions. HTC:s sense is quite good, but a vanilla is better. :)

not by much, htc has done a great job with sense. google doesn't even know how to provide a simple battery % yet.

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Quad HD is a gimmick just like 64 bit! Marketing material!

64 bit is useless right now, but QHD is not. You may not see the difference, but many of us do. That's only if the panel is of good quality and the SoC/gpu can handle the extra load. The LG G3 should not have had a 1440p panel, but the Note 4 looks and runs fantastic.

Posted via the Android Central App

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
64 bit is useless right now, but QHD is not. You may not see the difference, but many of us do. That's only if the panel is of good quality and the SoC/gpu can handle the extra load. The LG G3 should not have had a 1440p panel, but the Note 4 looks and runs fantastic.

Posted via the Android Central App

It's whatever you want it to be! A 2k display in a smart phone is only marginally better than 1080p. The naked eye can barely tell a difference in a hand held screen! I've seen a Note 3 & 4 side by side and the 4 looks better! But twice as good? No... still mostly a marketing bulletin point!

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Snapdragon 810 is coming very soon, in a few months, and is a huge jump over 805. There isn't really much difference between 800/801/805 other than graphics performance and battery life. 810 is a whole different league, like the 800 was when it came out.

64-bit support and Arm v* is a big deal, you will see huge improvements in battery life and performance with very little penalty. The Nexus 6 timing is unfortunate.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Snapdragon 810 is coming very soon, in a few months, and is a huge jump over 805. There isn't really much difference between 800/801/805 other than graphics performance and battery life. 810 is a whole different league, like the 800 was when it came out.

64-bit support and Arm v* is a big deal, you will see huge improvements in battery life and performance with very little penalty. The Nexus 6 timing is unfortunate.

12 - 18 months away from the 64 bit market to really take off! By then the 808 & 810 will be yesterday's news. Unfortunate side effect of technology.. reminds me of the PC wars of the 1990's... Ads jokingly showing your computer was out of date by the time you got it home from the store..

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I am feeling pretty sold on this device. The QHD display is awesome, the phone will shred through Lollipop, it should have good battery life, and it looks great. Honestly I might just go ahead and buy it. If I like the next HTC/Sony/Samsung phone more than the Nexus, I will sell or trade the Nexus 6 as it will have a decent-high desire factor over those other phones. My only concern that remains is whether or not this phone is the slightest bit usable with one hand for those times where you just cannot use both hands. I have average sized hands for a guy and I can more or less use the Note 4 one handed.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the note 4. But am very interested in the nexus 6, for the bigger screen and pure Google experience

What you guys think, am I crazy of leaving the note 4?

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Wait? I don't know the meaning. LOL

Remember the longer you hold on to that M8, the lower the value it will be.

tapatalk LG pro D852