is nova ready?

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Is Nova Launcher ready for 5.0 Lollipop? I want to be able to put it on the N6 [if I can every get it with 64 gb] but I want to make sure Nova and all its functions will work on it
Thanks

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I use the nova launcher but I think this time I'm just going to go without it and see how it performs.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Nova works fine on my Nexus 9 so I assume it will be fine on the 6. They need to add support for Nexus 6 style app drawer though.

Sent from my Nexus 5

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all.

Do you think that the new animations from 5.0 will work though? For example when you open/close an app with 5.0 it has this new sort of balloon effect when it disappears, do you think all that will still be present with Nova?

Last edited:

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I like running the stock Google experience launcher. I have tried other launders in the past and some are nice. I am going to run this one naked at first just to see how much Lollipop has in it to start.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all.

Do you think that the new animations from 5.0 will work though? For example when you open/close an app with 5.0 it has this new sort of balloon effect when it disappears, do you think all that will still be present with Nova?

Yup, Lollipop animations are available in Nova.

Posted via the Android Central App

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I like running the stock Google experience launcher. I have tried other launders in the past and some are nice. I am going to run this one naked at first just to see how much Lollipop has in it to start.

I find GEL to be very limited in functionality in comparison to pretty much any other launcher out there. It also it's particularly good at using screen space.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I find GEL to be very limited in functionality in comparison to pretty much any other launcher out there. It also it's particularly good at using screen space.

I like the GEL but that's my issue with it as well. I wish they gave you the option to remove the persistent search bar at the top.

ArtVandelay

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I like the GEL but that's my issue with it as well. I wish they gave you the option to remove the persistent search bar at the top.

There's an Xposed module that allows you to customize the GEL launcher quite a bit.

EDIT: Just realized that Xposed may not be compatible with Lollipop 5.0 yet.

Last edited:

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

I like GEL cause it's fast but please incorporate Nova's gestures!