What smart watch to get to compliment my Nexus 6??

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sprints shipping my Nexus 6 soon and I will no longer be with the Samsung Galaxy eco-system. I have a Note 3 and a Galaxy Gear but the Gear is useless with my Nexus 6! Just trying to get an opinion on what smart watch I should get to compliment my Nexus. I was thinking the Moto 360!!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sprints shipping my Nexus 6 soon and I will no longer be with the Samsung Galaxy eco-system. I have a Note 3 and a Galaxy Gear but the Gear is useless with my Nexus 6! Just trying to get an opinion on what smart watch I should get to compliment my Nexus. I was thinking the Moto 360!!

I am not a fan of watches to start with... But I did play with the Moto 360 at Best Buy over the weekend.... Was really the first time I've even looked at one as I am not a watch fan and I was very impressed with the look and feel... Still highly doubt I would get one but if I did the 360 is an awesome little accessory.... not as thick as I thought it was going to be from the press images I've seen... and it should work very well with the Nexus 6....

I just know if I bought it I wouldn't wear it after a couple of weeks and it would start collecting dust or end up being sold off for 1/2 what I paid for it down the road....

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I am not a fan of watches to start with... But I did play with the Moto 360 at Best Buy over the weekend.... Was really the first time I've even looked at one as I am not a watch fan and I was very impressed with the look and feel... Still highly doubt I would get one but if I did the 360 is an awesome little accessory.... not as thick as I thought it was going to be from the press images I've seen... and it should work very well with the Nexus 6....

I just know if I bought it I wouldn't wear it after a couple of weeks and it would start collecting dust or end up being sold off for 1/2 what I paid for it down the road....

I'm in the same boat. I love the idea of them, but it wouldn't be a consistent accessory. For the price, I couldn't justify it being used once every two weeks or so.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the Moto 360 and would recommend that. I've used it with my OnePlus One, but it hasn't got used a lot since I mostly carry my Iphone. I've been real eager to use it with the N6. If you're into the Google services you will like it. :)

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I love the idea of them, but it wouldn't be a consistent accessory. For the price, I couldn't justify it being used once every two weeks or so.

Yup.... Cost and having to keep something ELSE charged...... I wasn't highly intrigued as they started rolling them out... Just a distant observer of the technology..... I just happened to be at Best Buy looking on Sunday and they had a display with two on there and I said "What the heck" and played with it... For my use it would have minimal impact....... My phone has been my primary source of "What time is it?" for a long time now.. I really do look forward to Android Auto.... I just bought a new car and it does have the Nissan Connect system in it so I can stream over blue tooth Pandora and other Apps... it has navigation built in but to be able to plug my phone up and it charge while basically putting most of the phones functions on my dash would be an awesome leap for me.... when I am out and about I can just pull my phone out and look at it real quick vs having a watch.....

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd go with the Moto 360 as well. Plus you'll have the added benefit of how super sleek the 360 looks!

I've been doing some research on Android Wear and how it compliments the android eco-system on a whole. I see a lot of mixed review but at the end of it all I think im going to give in and get another smart watch thats compatible with more phones. As for which watch to purchase, I'm basing it on aesthetics (I cant lie the Moto 360 is schmexy)

And I'm looking for a coupon to kinda of off-set the price of all these new fangled gadgets. So I'm headed to the post office to see about a 10% movers coupon!!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't totally sure I would like Android wear until I tried it. Being a tech geek I try a lot of stuff and I got the LG G watch to start, since it was the only thing available at the time. I really got used to not having to pull my phone out at work, when getting an email or text. I'm also into pro football and it's nice to just glance down and check the score of my favorite team (Go Chiefs!) from my Google now card.

It's not for everyone but I like it.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I will probably not get one until it has NFC in the hardware. I think it will be very useful then as I can use my watch to tap and pay instead of having to take my wallet or phone out. That to me would make it worthwhile. Until then I have a nice watch that I love and use. For the price it just does not make sense for just a time piece with notifications for me yet.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I haven't worn a watch in years. The moto x looks intriguing but the only big pro to having one for me is the trusted device feature. I can't justify the money for just that.

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yup.... Cost and having to keep something ELSE charged...... I wasn't highly intrigued as they started rolling them out... Just a distant observer of the technology..... I just happened to be at Best Buy looking on Sunday and they had a display with two on there and I said "What the heck" and played with it... For my use it would have minimal impact....... My phone has been my primary source of "What time is it?" for a long time now.. I really do look forward to Android Auto.... I just bought a new car and it does have the Nissan Connect system in it so I can stream over blue tooth Pandora and other Apps... it has navigation built in but to be able to plug my phone up and it charge while basically putting most of the phones functions on my dash would be an awesome leap for me.... when I am out and about I can just pull my phone out and look at it real quick vs having a watch.....

Went to the Post Office and got a Movers Package and it has a 10% off Best Buy coupon. Used it to get my Moto 360! Saved $25 bucks! Now I'm just waiting on the UPS Dude!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20141120_114132.jpg
    20141120_114132.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 70

Alex00322

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
At this point smart watches are a waste. They're a novelty item, they don't make life easier they're not even useful. I owned a Moto 360 and even when I was wearing it I would still go to my phone to do stuff. It's not worth the money. The battery life is bad. Wait a year or two for the tech to get there. The only thing I liked about the 360 was the leather band

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Moto 360. I love mine. Either that or the zen watch from Asus.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
At this point smart watches are a waste. They're a novelty item, they don't make life easier they're not even useful. I owned a Moto 360 and even when I was wearing it I would still go to my phone to do stuff. It's not worth the money. The battery life is bad. Wait a year or two for the tech to get there. The only thing I liked about the 360 was the leather band

It may not be useful to you, but it is to me and other people as well.

rnd0209

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the Stainless Band moto 360 and love it. It blends in nicely with my work flow and it has earned its place as my daily watch.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
It's all a matter of personal opinion really. Like many others here I agree with the Moto 360. For me android wear is a great tool. I work on a dairy farm so the least amount of time I have to spend pulling my phone out to check notifications or the time is a huge savings for me. If a call comes in and I'm busy I can easily see who it is and decide from there what I want to do. Has some great features but I'm sure we can all agree it has a long way to go yet. I'm much more inclined to have a moto 360 over an apple watch...I don't want mini apps on my wrist I want notifications and a way to utilize them and reply in a timely fashion without having to interact with my phone.

doubleblack

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I just got lg g watch (not r)...I love it. You can get them on cowboom very frequently for cheap, I got mine for $70. As much as I love moto 360 I'm sorry but if I can get lg g watch for $70 that will win every time.