Should I buy the Nexus 6?

pranav9994

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I'm on the lookout for a new smartphone, which I can use for 2.5-3 years.Seriously considering the N6.
Have heard from all and sundry that 64-bit phones are the next big thing.So, is the N6 sufficiently future-proof or should I wait it out for 2-3 months more for a 64-bit phone?
Also, is the N6 capable( or will be) of taking slow-motion videos? Couldn't find a definitive answer on this.
Thanks in advance.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
if i am not mistaken the nexus 6 is not a 64bit device it is 32.

The nexus 6 is a great device and will easily last 2 years...3? depends on your need to have the latest and greatest and if you can comfortably use the device this size.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Go look at it in person. I just did. I made the thirty mile trek to my closest mall and looked at the N6, Lgg3 and Note4. I think the N6 is just too wide. Plus, after playing with it, the UI [stock] is just too plain for me. I like some of the features with lg and samsung. In the end, I have decided to stay with lg and am going to upgrade to the lg g3. It is a great phone. The deciding fact was when I was playing with the N6 and Note, I kept hitting the side buttons with my fingers and doing things to the phone I didn't want to. I guess the lgg2 has made me really love those back buttons. Well, its off to the lgg3 page of AC

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
These questions are so difficult to answer. I'd go play with a Moto X 2014, Note 4, LG G3, and the Nexus 6. I'd wait a few months for the new HTC/Samsung flagships so I didn't include them here. Any of those phones would be a good choice and have sufficient horsepower to last a good 2 years. The Nexus 6 and Moto X definitely because pure Android is minimal enough to run well on older hardware (like the Nexus 4).

Posted via the Android Central App

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If it lasts me 2 months it'd be a miracle. I switch way too often.

My Nexus 5 lasted me a whole year... But I did flirt with and make offers on Note 3 and LG G3 in the last year.... before that about six months was my average.... Just depends on what Snapdragon 810 phones roll out in the first quarter of 2015..... After a week I know I won't be going back to a 5 inch phone again... It'll have to be in the Phablet territory.....

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 5 lasted me a whole year... But I did flirt with and make offers on Note 3 and LG G3 in the last year.... before that about six months was my average.... Just depends on what Snapdragon 810 phones roll out in the first quarter of 2015..... After a week I know I won't be going back to a 5 inch phone again... It'll have to be in the Phablet territory.....

That would be the only reason I would entertain a change at this point. Is for a 64-bit processor if it does indeed make a huge difference. If not I will probably just wait for the next Nexus as I don't like to root, but enjoy a pure Google Experience. I just can't take Touchwiz and Sense. Too much bloat and crap that get in the way. But again this is just my personal opinion. The last phone I owned that was not a Nexus was the Note 3. Nice phone but just don't want to go back to that platform...

pranav9994

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, the issue is that it isn't available in stores yet (might not be for quite a while as Motorola phones are exclusively available online here,in India).
Also, does anyone know if it'll have LTE support for Indian 4G networks?

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 6 is truly a fantastic phone. The only reasons that I wouldn't recommend it, is if you don't like the size, or you need a waterproof device.

I freakin' love this phone. But, because of its size, it's not for everyone.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I think spec wise you'll be fine. No way I'd buy a phone that I'm going to use for 3 years that doesn't have a replaceable battery though.