How to duplicate a calendar event?

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I want to be able to duplicate a calendar event and then edit the date/time. Think about a reoccurring dentist/doctor appointment that you make your next one as you leave. The web interface allows for this easily, and Samsung's calendar allowed for this as well. Please tell me that this basic concept is there and I have just missed it. If not, I will be looking for calendar replacements so I'm open to suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nope, not possible with the Google Calendar app. On Google Calendar on the web as well, there is no easy way to select an event, and then copy & paste it. You can move the event, or edit it to make it a repeating event, but not copy & paste. You'll need to look for a 3rd party app (and I don't have any suggestions for that at this time, sorry).

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Well you can duplicate an event in the web client. Once you click on the event to edit, duplicate event is in the drop down menu under "More Actions". That is why I was hoping it was hidden somewhere on the android app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well you can duplicate an event in the web client. Once you click on the event to edit, duplicate event is in the drop down menu under "More Actions". That is why I was hoping it was hidden somewhere on the android app.

Hey, I didn't know that!:) Thanks for the tip. But it would still be easier to be able to do it straight from the main calendar view, rather than having to go into the event details.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I needed to duplicate an event that occurs every two weeks on Saturday and Sundays ,very easily done on the Google calendar online , I created the event to start on the 23rd and 24th , in the first drop down I could not do every 2 weeks ,anyway,after I created this it showed up in the app obviously

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 25027.jpg
    25027.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 163

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
It only works with the web client and not the android client. I really wish there was a way to do it on my phone.

Sam Nutovics

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
In the Samsung Galaxy S4 Samsung Calendar you could click the left options button and you get an option of copy and than change the date and time and save.
it seems like with the Galaxy S5 and S6 since Samsung has removed the Left Option Button which was supposed to be replaced by a soft key that option disappeared.
Unless someone can please tell me how the left option can be replaced and where to find out.

Formalo

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I have found a solution!

Go get the Business Calendar 2 from Appgenix Software. You will be able to copy events by dragging with 1 finger! :-D

A.

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I found Today Calendar that will also allow for duplicating an calendar event. I've been happy with it so far (about 2 months)

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes Today sync's just fine. It is actually just another program that will access all of your google calendars.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I have recurring events in the Google Calendar application.

Follow these images for more

This is the 3rd image and set what you want

Attachments

• 226344.jpg
    226344.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Second image

Click does not repeat

Or has this gone right over my head?

Attachments

• 226346.jpg
    226346.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 101

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
That isn't the repeat being talked about here. Take a current calendar event and try to copy it for a duplicate event in the future.

subsurge

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I found a work-around for this.

-Long-press on the calendar event and select "Share"
-Text the event to yourself
-Tap the event to open it, then the calendar button to import it
-It will default to My Calendar but you can change the calendar at that point

A bit cumbersome, so it may not be practical for multiple events, but it worked well for my purposes of moving a single event over to another calendar. Hope this helps.

IraLeeB

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, your workaround is a bit cumbersome, but, WAY better than not being able to do at all, or, having to wait till I'm at my computer and hoping I remember to enter the appointment.

Apparently ability to COPY (using upper right MENU) disappeared when I upgraded to Android version 6.0.1

Up till then, it wasn't an issue and it worked with no problem.

I thought an updated OS was supposed to improve things - guess they missed something.

Thank you again.

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
The "Today Calendar" app is the best option. I have been very happy using it, it duplicates and immediately goes into edit mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon