T-Mobile 700MHz (block A) Band Support Update for Nexus 6

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 6 will soon be getting the new "700Mhz block A band" update from Google. T-Mobile acquired the 700Hhz signal over a lot of the USA but not nation wide. This is a new Cell band the FCC created and currently only the Samsung Note 4 and Note Edge cell phones supports this band. Not only does the 700MHz band include better speeds, but users should also see better cell signals with building penetration thanks to the lower frequency physics. One of the major reason's that Verizon and AT&T have better networks is the two of them own about 73% of the low band spectrum across the country.

I was not going to buy a new cell phone until I found out if my area gets the 700Mhz cell towers and until the new cell phone supports that T-Mobile frequency.

The 700Mhz block A was used for UHF-TV channel 51 but the FCC is slowly moving channel 51 off that frequency since 2009. However there are still a lot of channel 51 operating their RF on 51. Many of the Channel 51 stations across the country like Miami's WSCV virtual channel 51 (UHF digital channel 30), still show 51 as their name but their true radio frequency is really using UHF 30.

Note this is the current Map below of T-Mobiles USA that shows where they have 700Mhz Block A cell towers today. Note they have only started converting their cell towers in the last three months of 2014 but tower conversion is going to be very rapid. You can click on the map for greater local detail. Red circles are TV channel 51 where the FCC hasn't moved the TV station frequency. The blue/purple icons show areas where T-Mobile is currently using 700Mhz Block A.

US Map of T-Mobile's 700 MHz spectrum

T-Mobile Working on 700MHz Band Support Update for Nexus 6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer