NEXUS 6 Android OS version

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Everyone I am trying to confirm should we be in 5.0.2 or 5.0.1 because I am showing .0.1 on my nexus 6 yet I see articles saying other phones are getting 5.0.2 can anyone confirm? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Everyone I am trying to confirm should we be in 5.0.2 or 5.0.1 because I am showing .0.1 on my nexus 6 yet I see articles saying other phones are getting 5.0.2 can anyone confirm? Thanks

Currently the Nexus 6 is at Android 5.01. Here's some information about the Nexus 6 Android 5.02 update..speculation of course:

Nexus 6 Android 5.0.2 Update: What to Expect

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Currently the Nexus 6 is at Android 5.01. Here's some information about the Nexus 6 Android 5.02 update..speculation of course:

Nexus 6 Android 5.0.2 Update: What to Expect
That is crazy because on most of the tech sites today they are reporting carrier phones like the M8 and M7 recv 5.0.2 how is this that Google can't get this out before non google devices I thought having a nexus meant these would roll out to these phones first even that new moto that came out today has 5.0.2 but anyway I guess I will have to wait

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
That is crazy because on most of the tech sites today they are reporting carrier phones like the M8 and M7 recv 5.0.2 how is this that Google can't get this out before non google devices I thought having a nexus meant these would roll out to these phones first even that new moto that came out today has 5.0.2 but anyway I guess I will have to wait

This 5.02 update isn't anything special. You won't notice any changes.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

If I'm not mistaken, 5.0.2 only fixes issues with other devices such as the N7.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Google has a history of releasing certain versions of Android only for particular devices.... 5.0.2 was to fix some issues with the Nexus 7 if memory serves me right.... while custom ROMs have 5.0.2 as their base, the stock Nexus 6 software is still 5.0.1 because the Nexus 6 really wouldn't get any benefit from the update.

I wouldn't worry about it too much...