Phone keeps rebooting and optimizing apps what did i do? lol

Just_girl

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I've done a factory reset from bootloader (for the second time) and "magic restart" and it now turnes off only 2 times a day (not 20 like before). But I think that it's the pfoblem of power button so I'll try to repair it like this youtube.com/watch?v=ego0eXYwOms

Tara Nareshwar

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. Just updated my nexus 4 to 5.1 today morning. and it rebooted twice showing optimizationg of apps. Plus my wifi keeps disconnecting . Help!

urnewfavorite

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting a "Backup Need to set the backup account" is this legit? I've been getting the random reboots but this is first time it optimized apps tho. I was also at panera bread on open WiFi when this last one occurred......am I being to paranoid thinking Aiden Pearce is screwing with me........

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting a "Backup Need to set the backup account" is this legit? I've been getting the random reboots but this is first time it optimized apps tho. I was also at panera bread on open WiFi when this last one occurred......am I being to paranoid thinking Aiden Pearce is screwing with me........

Do you have a Google account setup? Sound like your phone is set to sink with Google and is not seeing the account. Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Backup Account should be set for your Google account.

Yes you maybe paranoid!

Maxx0rz

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as all of you. I updated to 5.1 a couple of weeks ago without issue, but the last three days has been nothing but constant resets and reboots, and non-stop "Optimzing Apps". Sometimes I put the phone down on the desk in front of me with witnesses and we will watch the phone reboot itself over and over and over without anyone touching it. It will try and boot, start doing its thing, fail, turn off... 15 seconds later it will try and boot back up again, repeat repeat repeat. Sometimes it will stay off for over an hour before it tries turning itself back on again, randomly. It works maybe one out of every 60-80 times it tries, and I'd say in the last 24 hours without exaggerating it's probably done this about 200 times or more.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as all of you. I updated to 5.1 a couple of weeks ago without issue, but the last three days has been nothing but constant resets and reboots, and non-stop "Optimzing Apps". Sometimes I put the phone down on the desk in front of me with witnesses and we will watch the phone reboot itself over and over and over without anyone touching it. It will try and boot, start doing its thing, fail, turn off... 15 seconds later it will try and boot back up again, repeat repeat repeat. Sometimes it will stay off for over an hour before it tries turning itself back on again, randomly. It works maybe one out of every 60-80 times it tries, and I'd say in the last 24 hours without exaggerating it's probably done this about 200 times or more.

Wow!!! I believe I would be running not walking back to where I got it and request a replacement. Something is seriously wrong with that phone.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me early on in Lollipop. It was one specific app - Rhapsody. They fixed it and I have no issues now but I think the updating app issue is likely tied to one app. Google the issue and see if anyone has found another offending app.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SReggie

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone keeps rebooting and optimizing apps :/

Hello,
Since updating to Lollipop on my Nexus 7 (2012) its been getting worse and worse. And I have uninsulated a lot of apps to make it easier for the tablet. And even uninstalled Chrome's updates as I heard that helps (did that a few hours before this happened).
Now, just a few days after the 5.1.1 OTA update I am also getting this "Optimizing X apps out of Y" A different amount every time, and it never finishes as about half way the screen just goes blank.
Also mainly only even tries if it is plugged in and charging.

It either does nothing, the screen is back lit, or tried optimizing. This happened after it turned off by itself (wasn't low on battery) while on Clash of Clans, since then it just refuses to turn on.
I have opened the back after a few hours of trying to turn it on, the hardware looks spotless. Nothing is loose, everything looks new.

"Bug fixes for Nexus 7", yeah yeah good one. You got me there Google.
You'd think they would care/be responsible for breaking our products... clearly isn't the hardware, but the software that governs it.
I'm going to leave it on charge overnight, see what happens.
I just want my tablet back.

Thank you for reading,

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone keeps rebooting and optimizing apps :/

You might try going into Recovery Mode and do a Factory Reset.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely one offending app. As I said before, very early in Lollipop, Rhapsody was one such app. Clearly you have one installed that is causing this. I found out about Rhapsody by googling...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

talbottsw

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with a Nexus 5 successfully resolved this problem and figured out what was causing it? My phone received an OTA to the newest Android version (5.1.1 I think) and started doing the same thing as everyone else describes. It reboots many times each day and always shows the "Android is Starting...Optimizing # of # Apps". Tonight, my phone died as I was sitting in a drive-thru so I plugged the charger in and powered it on. It literally took 37 minutes to optimize all the apps, booted up and by the time I got the dialer launched, died (while plugged into the charger) and a light on the bottom, which I had never seen before, just blinked red. It wouldn't power on at all. even after sitting on the charger for 10 minutes.

Suffice it to say, I guessed what my partner wanted from the fast food place because I never got the chance to call him!! I guess I could have ran over to a pay phone, if those still exist?!?

article-2259910-16D709F7000005DC-426_634x355.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone with a Nexus 5 successfully resolved this problem and figured out what was causing it? My phone received an OTA to the newest Android version (5.1.1 I think) and started doing the same thing as everyone else describes. It reboots many times each day and always shows the "Android is Starting...Optimizing # of # Apps". Tonight, my phone died as I was sitting in a drive-thru so I plugged the charger in and powered it on. It literally took 37 minutes to optimize all the apps, booted up and by the time I got the dialer launched, died (while plugged into the charger) and a light on the bottom, which I had never seen before, just blinked red. It wouldn't power on at all. even after sitting on the charger for 10 minutes.

Suffice it to say, I guessed what my partner wanted from the fast food place because I never got the chance to call him!! I guess I could have ran over to a pay phone, if those still exist?!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is this a Nexus 5 or Nexus 6? I ask because you speak of a Nexus 5, however, you are in the Nexus 6 forum. If it is a Nexus 5 how old is it?

smokingcatnip

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I see this problem all over the internet, on every Nexus forum, especially within the past few months. Yet nowhere is Google actually responding to the issue.

With the release of a 2nd gen Nexus 5 coming soon, I smell some seriously dirty laundry.

If anyone has found a surefire solution (removing apps, factory reset, new battery... whatever) please PLEASE post it to this thread.

Leah Mitchell1

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
has anyone else realized this pattern? everyone who updates their phone to the 5.1 Lollipop this problem occurs... i JUST did the update 2 days ago and I'm pulling an allnighter trying to figure out why my phone randomly rebooted itself and now it jsut keeps sending me in a loop. I think its the new update..it has to be. I did some research and even this one site in the link admits that there have been many complaints about this phone (and these are just recred complaints from people who have called tech support) so imagine how many other issues come with this phone. ive had this phone since end of january and i have had nothing but problems with it. I think its safe to say that the nexus is a marketing scandal

This is the link of a few problems people have repoted and they all point to all the system updates (cant actually posts links yet as im new to this so i will space everything) http: // www gottabemobile com /2015/02/11/ nexus-5-problems-fixes

perrott27

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Here's what I tried and it seems to be working.

1. Disable android system webview. Then uninstall/disable all the apps that you don't use (google fit etc.) Make sure to disable/uninstall almost ALL of them. Im talking about leaving the bare minimum on your phone (sms, etc.) Inconvenient... I know.

2. Install an app that let's you power on/off your phone with the volume rockers (make sure its safe). Worked for me.

I did this a few hours ago and my phone only turned off once compared to the 15 million times it did yesterday. When rebooting the phone, it didn't optimize either so I guess that's a plus.

Guess who's switching to an iphone soon. I'm so sick of this.

PancaSyah

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't think the problem is on Nexus or the hardware.

My phone is Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX XT912 with the OS is ONLY Jelly Bean 4.1.2.
As far as I remember, I've been experiencing the SAME problem as you all do since about 2 months ago.

I've done factory reset for MANY times. I even did it just now, then updated the Google apps and ONLY installed WhatsApp as an 'outsider' app. BUT, it keeps restarting randomly and sometimes it's even boot-looping on the Red Robot Eyes and it's really frustrating me.

I am QUITE sure the problem is on one of those updated Google apps but I don't know yet the exact app that causes it.

Now, since it is still boot-looping and the only way to stop it is just go to boatloader; can somebody tell me how to narrow and eliminate the suspects to figure out the main cause?

I have an iPhone 5 on me but I still want to use this Motorola DROID as my main phone (I've been with it for 3 years).

Thank you!
(But I'm still frustrated)

optimizingapps

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same thing. Locked bootloader. It thinks that it needs to optimize 125 apps ( i think that I had 30 tops) just an endless spin cycle. happened after the T-Moble patch. NOTHING has worked. I've tried everything. wiped stuff used wugs. tried flashing stuff through a locked bootloader in recovery a half dozen times. even older versions of the os. .... this is ridiculous. I'm calling Motorola tomorrow. (yeah bought it through them...... : \ has anyone figured this out
? I have a brick on my hands. grrrrr nexus 6 $700 brick. I shoulda bought an Iphone. and I despise apple. so peeved I am, Help?