Excited about Android again!

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
My wife has a Galaxy S6 that I have been helping her with. Couple of hiccups, like the memory issue, but it is a very nice phone. My daily driver is an Iphone 6, but I have had Galaxy's, and an LG G2 that I really liked. I wanted to get back and experience Android again, but I wanted a special phone. I really liked the wireless charging feature on my LG G2 and was looking for that again.( I have an Aircharge case on my Ip6 that works well). The only phone that I really wanted was the Nexus 6. I ordered it yesterday and it will be here today. I am on Verizon and used the Edge program. I will also keep my Ip6. The Nexus 6 looks like a fantastic piece of equipment and pure Android will be nice to work with. I'll use call forwarding to switch between phones for my daily use.

Update: Looking for a simple way to mute the N6. Help? Never mind. One click of the volume down button then select None on the interruptions. A symbol appears in the upper task bar.( circle with a line through it) to indicate it is functioning. One click on volume and select all to get everything notifiying again. Not perfect but it works.

Another update: Called Verizon and switched telephone numbers. Took about 45 minutes!! Nexus 6 is now my daily driver. Iphone 6 collecting dust.

Last edited:

kingloui26

May 11, 2015
Visit site
My wife has a Galaxy S6 that I have been helping her with. Couple of hiccups, like the memory issue, but it is a very nice phone. My daily driver is an Iphone 6, but I have had Galaxy's, and an LG G2 that I really liked. I wanted to get back and experience Android again, but I wanted a special phone. I really liked the wireless charging feature on my LG G2 and was looking for that again.( I have an Aircharge case on my Ip6 that works well). The only phone that I really wanted was the Nexus 6. I ordered it yesterday and it will be here today. I am on Verizon and used the Edge program. I will also keep my Ip6. The Nexus 6 looks like a fantastic piece of equipment and pure Android will be nice to work with. I'll use call forwarding to switch between phones for my daily use.

Let us know your review on it, in my opinion the nexus 6 is the best Android phone out right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

vepac

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I was iffy about Android for ( I was a windows phone user) a couple of years but the nexus 6 changed my mind on my view of Android. I've had mine now for about 4 months and still enjoying it as much as the day I got it. This is a great experience for my first nexus phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on my VZW Nexus 6

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I have an ip6 and Nexus 6 and really like them both. Each brings their own set of awesomeness to the table.

Posted via the Android Central App

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not personally an iOS fan (just personal preference, not an insult, and the hardware is always sexy!), but as a long-time android user and a four-time Nexus owner I also think the Nexus 6 is easily the best phone I've ever owned. I've spent some time with other current flagships and depending on your priorities it's right up there with any of them in my humble opinion.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Got my Nexus 6 and it is as fantastic piece of equipment. It is a Verizon model, 32 GB Blue and it came with Android 5.1 with the 47E build. I put about 20 GB of music on it. I used DoubleTwist with AirSync since I had a paid copy from a Samsung S4 I had. All the music defaulted to Google Play. When I opened up DoubleTwist, it showed no music. No huge deal right now, and my car picked up the Bluetooth and played the music fine from the Google Player. By the way, it looks like the equalizer settings on the Google Player enter the music stream prior to it going into the Bluetooth mode, so I had kind of double equalizer, since I had my car equalizer set also. I pulled over to the side of the road, and adjusted the Google Equalizer to pretty much minimum settings. Does anyone know if DoubleTwist will "listen" for a Bluetooth connection, like Google Play and automatically play music when you select Media in your car? Dumped the Android Messenger app and am using Textra. So far I haven't gotten a good handle on battery life but I really like the large form factor. I don't make any mistakes typing anymore. Wireless charging works perfectly on a 3 coil charger I have. So far, no complaints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty