Nexus 6 ordered

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Just ordered 64gb white Nexus 6 from Motorola thru Amazon and it will be here tomorrow. Broke my Sony Xperia Z3 compact and decided to go big.
I had some killer battery life with my Sony and I am hoping the N6 doesn't let me down.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You'll really like it. Vanilla Android is great, the phone is fast and buttery smooth, and battery life is very good.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
You will be happy you broke your Z3. Get ready to be blown away buy vanilla android. Best software experience ever.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
You will be happy you broke your Z3. Get ready to be blown away buy vanilla android. Best software experience ever.
Just wanted to say that I completely agree!

My phone was an HTC M8, it broke, and I got a Nexus 6, and I was blown away.

I, honestly, though that I would miss HTC Sense, but now I absolutely love being on pure Google Android!

I totally don't miss HTC Sense at all.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered 64gb white Nexus 6 from Motorola thru Amazon and it will be here tomorrow. Broke my Sony Xperia Z3 compact and decided to go big.
I had some killer battery life with my Sony and I am hoping the N6 doesn't let me down.

Please let me know how's the battery compared to your Sony Xperia z3 compact. I wanted to get either nexus 6 or sony xperia compact z3. Thanks

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I completely agree!

My phone was an HTC M8, it broke, and I got a Nexus 6, and I was blown away.

I, honestly, though that I would miss HTC Sense, but now I absolutely love being on pure Google Android!

I totally don't miss HTC Sense at all.

I too prefer stock android devices and that's why I am thinking about getting nexus 6. For now, I changed my theme to stock android looks lol.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Sony used a very light hand with their version of android. I had both versions of the moto x but was very disapointed with the battery life. No complaints with the Sony, I want to participate with the Google Fi project and the N6 is the only phone certified.
Its like a giant moto x but better. I am excited.

posted via my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Sony used a very light hand with their version of android. I had both versions of the moto x but was very disapointed with the battery life. No complaints with the Sony, I want to participate with the Google Fi project and the N6 is the only phone certified.
Its like a giant moto x but better. I am excited.

posted via my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

Let us know how google Fi project works for you. I thought about it but it only benefits people who uses less data. I am heavy data users so I can't use google Fi project.

mbarney35

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
My Note 2 just broke last week so I picked up a Nexus 6. I can completely agree that stock Android is a absolute joy to use. It very fast and fluid, and the little animations that are built in are small yet add a lot to the overall experience.

It will be hard to ever go back to anything that doesn't isn't stock.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I am!

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Got it yesterday and I do love it. Kind of a shock to the system coming from a Xperia Z3 Compact and a BlackBerry Q10. I wish they had added the Active Display features of the Moto X. Is there a way to simulate?
Definitely no buyers remorse on this purchase.

posted with my Nexus 6.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I wish they had added the Active Display features of the Moto X. Is there a way to simulate?

posted with my Nexus 6.
Are you talking about Ambient Display? If so, it's there. Just make sure it's activated. Plus, you can say "OK Google" from the lock screen (you don't need to pick up the phone) if you go into google now settings and enable it.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I too ordered it from Amazon and it is great. I just hope you ordered it directly from Amazon and not a third party which sells the international version that can't get LTE in North America.

I complained at first about the battery life compared to my cousins iPhone 6+ but reading the posts here as I though I was getting crappy battery life I am actually getting great battery life.

You got the white one and I got the light blue one? What is the difference.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
It is directly thru Amazon. And I belong to their prime service. The only difference I believe is color and amount of memory. I purchased the 64gb version.

posted with my Nexus 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana