Random thoughts on the first month with the Galaxy Watch 6

happycat9

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
I have had my watch 6 for three and a half weeks now. I came from a Samsung Active 2, so that is the basis for my comparison. I had the smallest Active 2 and I have the smallest Watch 6. Neither are LTE.

Battery life is fine. I don’t see it as big improvement over the Active 2. However, my comparison is skewed since I have been using my watch 6 for sleep tracking. I have decided to forgo sleep tracking for awhile so that will give me a better comparison. On both watches I use the always on setting.

Display is an area where Watch 6 is an improvement. The display is just crisper. I do think the Active 2 had a more feminine look…which I like. I know the Watch 6model with the rotating bezel is very popular, but it is just too bulky looking for me. That is why I chose the smallest version without the physical bezel.

I like the upgraded Health monitoring. I have experimented with body composition and oxygen level. Watch 6 has ecg out of the box whereas Active 2 took months to get. I have some questions about sleep tracking accuracy and I see others have expressed the same concern. Perhaps a future update or some additional tinkering with settings will improve sleep tracking.

i see the watch 6 as a step up from the Active 2, but not a huge step. I say that in large part because the Active 2 was quite good. My motivation for upgrading was to get a newer watch that will have longer support and a new battery. The move from Tizen was another factor encouraging me to upgrade.

one small out of the box concern that I have with the Watch 6 is the color. I ordered the gold color, but I got the silver color. The packing slip says gold. After I got it I decided that I liked the silver. My only concern is that it points to a quality control issue…wrong color put in box. I didn’t contact Samsung about this but now it occurs to me that if I have a warranty issue the color might cause a problem.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If the box says it has a gold colored watch and the watch inside is silver, you might also have an issue with serial number match and other proofs of item that could impact warranty and/or repair. I would contact Samsung right away and get it straightened out.

Reactions: happycat9

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had my watch 6 for three and a half weeks now. I came from a Samsung Active 2, so that is the basis for my comparison. I had the smallest Active 2 and I have the smallest Watch 6. Neither are LTE.

Battery life is fine. I don’t see it as big improvement over the Active 2. However, my comparison is skewed since I have been using my watch 6 for sleep tracking. I have decided to forgo sleep tracking for awhile so that will give me a better comparison. On both watches I use the always on setting.

Display is an area where Watch 6 is an improvement. The display is just crisper. I do think the Active 2 had a more feminine look…which I like. I know the Watch 6model with the rotating bezel is very popular, but it is just too bulky looking for me. That is why I chose the smallest version without the physical bezel.

I like the upgraded Health monitoring. I have experimented with body composition and oxygen level. Watch 6 has ecg out of the box whereas Active 2 took months to get. I have some questions about sleep tracking accuracy and I see others have expressed the same concern. Perhaps a future update or some additional tinkering with settings will improve sleep tracking.

i see the watch 6 as a step up from the Active 2, but not a huge step. I say that in large part because the Active 2 was quite good. My motivation for upgrading was to get a newer watch that will have longer support and a new battery. The move from Tizen was another factor encouraging me to upgrade.

one small out of the box concern that I have with the Watch 6 is the color. I ordered the gold color, but I got the silver color. The packing slip says gold. After I got it I decided that I liked the silver. My only concern is that it points to a quality control issue…wrong color put in box. I didn’t contact Samsung about this but now it occurs to me that if I have a warranty issue the color might cause a problem.
The watch 6 smaller one the 40mm I just ordered it and it only came in gold or black I didn't see silver so are you sure you got the watch 6. Cause I wanted silver but ordered black. I am upgrading from the 5 to a 6 not much difference but I'll have the latest and it was only 57 bucks.

happycat9

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
I have to say now that I have used the watch 6 for 4 months, I can say that it is okay. I won’t say that it is a huge improvement over the active 2 at least for how I use it, but it is okay. The battery life is comparable to what I got from my Active 2.
I am glad to have a watch that is up to date. Since Samsung moved to Android for its watches instead of Tizen, I felt that my Active 2’s days were numbered. I wanted to trade it while it still had trade in value.

Reactions: Rose4uKY

happycat9

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
Rose, $57 to upgrade from a 5 to 6 is a good deal! Next year year if there is a good deal like that to go from a 6 to 7 I’ll be interested. Otherwise I’ll keep my 6 for a while.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It is a watch 6. I just double checked settings before typing this. Maybe they sold out of the silver?
Oh well maybe your size comes in silver but the 40mm I ordered didn't I got black this time around. But I wanted the D buckle leather magnet band and accidentally ordered the T leather one with the holes. As long as it fits the silicone ones irritate my skin.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Rose, $57 to upgrade from a 5 to 6 is a good deal! Next year year if there is a good deal like that to go from a 6 to 7 I’ll be interested. Otherwise I’ll keep my 6 for a while.
I thought so I like to have the latest and now I got a notification about the 7 LOL! After the Black Friday sale a little healthcare discount and Rakuten cash back I thought it was a good deal. My husband people are saying should of kept his 5 pro cause of battery he got the 6 classic 47mm for like 85 bucks with 15% cash back. But I am sure we will like them and I am used to charging my phone every morning anyway when I wake up and have my coffee. Our watches are due the 28th I use the bumper covers and he likes a screen protector and he likes the Spigen cover I think not the whole band pro thing.

We were wanting to go from 21U to 23U had no intentions of getting the 22U and it had been out for a while and a sale came about and a $1000 trade in so we did it just so when the 23U came out we would get more having the 22 over the 21. But now I love my 23U so much battery is great I don't need the 24 unless the deal was super great.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well we got our watches and set them up yesterday. I did mine on dinner break at work I just hate the bands their so hard for me to get on but someone helped me. I wanted the D buckle leather which my husband got mine is the T buckle I ordered by mistake but I am keeping it cause it fits and I love that it's leather and not the silicone ones that we usually get. I know it's like your phone it takes a few days to a week to learn your usage cause mine was dead when I woke up this am. I sleep with mine. I forgot I got a super fast duo charger with my last watch and have never opened it. I had an update this morning. I know it's the same 40mm so I guess that is why my bumper cover fits I ordered more mine is scratched and old but I thought the screen itself was supposed to be a little bigger. And I wasn't getting text before it quit working I use google messages but last night it worked and I saw the text inside a big like square easy to read I liked it.

Not sure if this works but I've never been able to see a photo sent through FB Messenger only on text. But now that my watch is all set up it's not really a difference to me from my old one but the price was so good and I have the latest so it's all good.