Any Nexus 6 Users Getting Note 5 Itch?

ejordan

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Feel like the Moto X Pure will be more likely to sway N6 users than the Note 5. No interest swapping over here. It's nice that it's hard to go wrong with almost any phone right now, though!

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Feel like the Moto X Pure will be more likely to sway N6 users than the Note 5. No interest swapping over here. It's nice that it's hard to go wrong with almost any phone right now, though!

It really is hard to go wrong and the desire to constantly update, for me at least, isn't really there anymore.

Posted via the Android Central App

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My S6 Edge + is being shipped. Still going to hold on to my Nexus. Might sell my M9 and G4 though (I have problems lol)...

down1plus2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I dont like that they took away the expandable memory. 64gb isnt enough nowadays for what I need. Then they not making a 128gb version. That killed my interest all together to even consider a Note 5.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yeah.... that's probably right on the money. One thing that keeps me on Nexus is the software experience. I just prefer the look and feel of Android without all the heavy OEM crap slathered on top. Motorola does it proper and adds to Android, rather than replacing anything that was already there, so the expirience on the Moto line is as close as you'll find to Nexus.

Sure, the Note 5 is a nice phone all, but I don't like Touchwiz. Yes, I know that Samsung 'improved' Touchwiz and all... I've played around with an S6. It is better than the abomination that Touchwiz was back in the ICS and JB days, but it is still unmistakenly Touchwiz. I'm all set with that.

So this fall the two phones that might get my attention a bit are the Pure Edition and the Huawei Nexus... I am not going to go any smaller than 5.7", and I am not going to want to have to deal with Note 5 baggage.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If Samsung put front-facing stereo speakers on their flagships, I might be tempted to give TouchWiz & the S-Pen a try.

Battery life reports on the AC Note 5 forum so far are overwhelmingly positive, with at least one person reporting 7 hours screen-on time (with screen captures to back it up). Even if he was just sitting in a corner drooling over pretty pictures, that's not bad considering the size of that QHD screen.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
My brother got his today. He switched from Nexus 6. Very premium feel to it and I agree. He is loving the enhanced spen and blown away by the screen quality and how small the phone feels. I would get one if I had the extra money. Too expensive.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm like Francisco Franco. Nexus all the way!!! Why? Development that's why. All these other phones are a gimmick to me until they are on the same update path as the Nexus and feature fully unlocked capabilities with no stupid backdoor method.

Dm0nk

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the note 4 and loved it but couldn't root the thing so i switched to a nexus 6 (first Nexus ever) and love it, the Note 5 looks nice but I'll be frustrated as I was with my vzw note 4 that couldn't root. Which still doesn't have a full root method besides the kingroot that uploads your data out to Chinese servers . so no thanks, I'll wait for the Hu nexus 6 (2015) somewhat nervous how thats going to come out

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaning more towards the motox. The n6's size is wearing on me and would like to go a little smaller. 400 bucks is way easier to swallow than 700.

fanaticalism

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Like others have mentioned the software experience is what dictates my decisions for change and while the camera and hardware on Samsung devices always tempt me, I always think back to what I consider a terrible and bloated software experience with redundant apps.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Like others have mentioned the software experience is what dictates my decisions for change and while the camera and hardware on Samsung devices always tempt me, I always think back to what I consider a terrible and bloated software experience with redundant apps.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

This , Note 5 looks great and there is temptation but then I think about previous Samsung phones and how I really disliked TouchWiz and waiting for software updates .....sticking with the Nexus 6, still love it nearly nine months in.

mbarney35

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I think the Note 5 is a beautiful phone. However, I just recently switched to the N6 from a Note 2. I am still really enjoying stock so I am staying put for the foreseeable future.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Sold my N6 last week and bought a Note 5 on Verizon. Aside from the camera, I am not wowed like I thought I would be. The build quality is tops but I've never been an S-Pen guy despite owning an Note 2 & 3 on Verizon and 4 on T-Mobile briefly. Battery life has been okay but nothing I couldn't get out of my N6, G2, or G3. Needless to say, this was a total impulse buy that will likely be returned at the end of the week. The Note 5 is a great phone but $200-300 better than the N6, not imo.

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My husband just got the Note 5. Nice phone, but I still hate all the bloat and most of all, Touchwiz! I don't think I'd ever use the pen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty