Samsung users-- what has been your favorite Samsung phone(s)?

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I've had a S3, S6, S6 Edge , Note 5, S7, S8+, Note 8, S9+ S10, and currently a S20.

In a ranked list and short description, here goes:

1. S10-- great cameras, performance, aesthetic appearance. Prism blue looked great.

2. S20-- 120hz display, 30x optical zoom, nice looking display thats got minimal bezels, good pics-- s10 took better in my use of the two.

3. S7-- compact, easy to handle, crisp screen, good point and shoot camera.

4.Note 5-- My first of two note devices. Good looking phone with a sharp screen and good photo taker. Took time to get used to S pen but liked it

6. S8/S9+-- lumping together as they are similar minus some internal differences and camera. S8+ felt sleeker and more comfortable. S9+ had the additional camera. Both good performers.

7. S6/S6 Edge-- The devices that began Samsung's more modern approach in design. Good screens, great cameras, but VERY poor batteries. Easily the worst I've had of any phone from any manufacturer.

8. S3-- OK for its time, but software was heavily riddled with bloat and TouchWiz was terrible. Replaceable battery was a nice feature. But that version of Android wasn't really that great and at that point Apple the comparative iPhone for that time was a much better device.

9. Note 8-- at the time I got it, I thought I'd be utilizing the s pen a lot more, but I rarely used it. Just didn't enjoy it like I thought I would.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I cheat a lot on my phones.
I had an S3 which i returned two days later for the Note 3, which i loved. But at the time Samsung forced an update on me that bricked my phone so I ditched Samsung and Android for Apple, stayed with Apple until I started moving to more and more rural areas with no WiFi and my love affair with Apple turned into bitter loathing.
Now I have the Note 20 Ultra and i love it so much I got the Galaxy Tab S75G and I am never looking back.
I can connect almost everything via my email address, everything loads so much faster that Apple, i just love it.
Hopefully the rumor that Samsung is discontinuing the Note is BS.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Great thread! Though my first ever Samsung phone was the S10, and it's my daily driver, the first Samsung phone that I ever really liked and considered buying was the S8.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've only had 3 over my android life.

1) S20 FE. This is an amazing device.

2) Note 2. Loved this phone but iPhone users always had a laugh at its size.

3) Galaxy Nexus. Worst battery in the history of phones except for the HTC Thunderbolt. BTW did anything ever work with the POGO pins?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've only had 3 over my android life.

1) S20 FE. This is an amazing device.

2) Note 2. Loved this phone but iPhone users always had a laugh at its size.

3) Galaxy Nexus. Worst battery in the history of phones except for the HTC Thunderbolt. BTW did anything ever work with the POGO pins?

I've heard so many excellent things about the S20 FE. Awesome phone! So glad you are liking it!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I've had three. The S8, the S10 and (my current driver) the S20 FE. Gotta say, and maybe because it was my first, but I've gotta soft spot for the S8. Great phone. Loved the camera. And, it was my first beta experience with the Oreo beta where samsung really turned up customization and let themes change the navigation button appearance. By the way, turning a samsung phone into a Pixel is super easy with the aid of a launcher. Anyway, the S8 ranks up there with my old Nexus 5 for my favorite phone's of all time.

Edit: I also use One UI. I'm mainly a Nova guy but Samsung's software is actually excellent.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had three. The S8, the S10 and (my current driver) the S20 FE. Gotta say, and maybe because it was my first, but I've gotta soft spot for the S8. Great phone. Loved the camera. And, it was my first beta experience with the Oreo beta where samsung really turned up customization and let themes change the navigation button appearance. By the way, turning a samsung phone into a Pixel is super easy with the aid of a launcher. Anyway, the S8 ranks up there with my old Nexus 5 for my favorite phone's of all time.

Edit: I also use One UI. I'm mainly a Nova guy but Samsung's software is actually excellent.

I agree with you about having a soft spot for the S8. For me, that was when Samsung was officially upping their game.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
The best Samsung device I have ever used is the Galaxy S5. I had no problems with lag, zero performance issues. And at the time that I had it, from 2015-2017, the performance was outstanding. It had a flat screen that I could easily use with a Spigen tough armor case and any tempered glass screen protector at the time. I also LOVED the fact that I could take the battery out, put a fully charged battery in, throw the near dead battery on a charger and go to 100% in a matter of a minute.

This might be the best phone that I have ever used to think about it honestly. If it wasn't so out of date software-wise, I would probably try to purchase another one.

Another device that I have used that I liked was the Galaxy Express for AT&T prepaid. Very similar to the S3, except no lag and actually worked good lol

I currently have the Note 9, but it's not really my favorite device.

This is how I would list them:
Galaxy S5
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy Express

I have also used the Galaxy S3 which I hated and the S7 for a short time which I also didn't care for. I had the Sll for a short time and didn't like it either.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The S3. It was introduced early enough within the life cycle of the technology to be really different than its predecessors (from any manufacturer). Now phones are just marginal improvements and I wind up keeping them for 3 years or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174