Shamu rises in 2016 - Nexus 6 day one!

jackzfun

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Just moved from a first gen Moto X to a Nexus 6. I got it during Amazon's Black Friday sale--Midnight Blue 64GB for just over $250. The contract on my old phone finally expired so I'm just starting with Shamu today. Any "must have" or "must do" recommendations?

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Just moved from a first gen Moto X to a Nexus 6. I got it during Amazon's Black Friday sale--Midnight Blue 64GB for just over $250. The contract on my old phone finally expired so I'm just starting with Shamu today. Any "must have" or "must do" recommendations?

Make it yours.

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
1. Camera FV-5
2. Nova or Action launcher
3. MX Player
4. Lightflow to enable notification LED (requires root)
5. add number row to keyboard in keyboard settings
6. Apply skin (dbrand or slickwraps) or use slim matte case since blue back is fingerprint magnet.

jackzfun

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Oh that's a good point. I had read that somewhere and then completely forgot it. It did not get the updated to Marshmallow so I'll take the card out..thanks

jackzfun

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks these are great ideas. I ordered the Spigen exact fit case. I'll research the other ideas...appreciate the suggestions!!

donniedoomsday3

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I like using textra as the default texting app because it gives you the option to have your screen wake when receiving texf messages something that the nexus doesn't have in stock like many other phone have like the Samsung lines.

Posted via the Android Central App

jackzfun

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I tell ya, the detail in these apps is amazing. I was using Texta and of course this defaulted to the Google texting app. I wasn't aware of the screen not waking....that is a really helpful feature...thx

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

No contract? Sign up for Project Fi!

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. This leads to another dumb question, that made the key spacing pretty small. Is there a way to make the keyboard a little taller to give some more space? I know I could do all this with a different keyboard app, but now I'm curious...

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Camera shortcut:
double press power button when screen is off

UI Tuner (Marshmallow):
pull down quick settings and long press settings icon. UI Tuner with options for battery % and quick settings tiles will show up in settings.

AMOLED burn in fixer: must have if you care about burn in. I had to start using the app only after a couple weeks.

Last edited: