Going back to Google now launcher

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, so just to update everyone, after using nova launcher from several months which I did enjoy it, I'm going back to Google now launcher officially. Installed all night icon packs and I sorta got the Google now launcher which is updated is more fluid then before. Other than the whole Reminders issue, the launch itself is fluid. I also just got that naked tough case which is specially designed and made for the Nexus 6 yesterday in the mail, and my thoughts and it are that it is awesome. It does collect dust but looks really good. The kickstand on the back is a nice feature and it protrudes a little bit out even when folded in which makes it easier for me to grip the phone and the hand especially with one hand! Overall excellent case

Mirnayil Miradil

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I did exactly like you.
Only I used Nova for years and really tired of non-stop customization.
Used a period of GNL, made me don't wanna go back to Nova anymore. (I'm nowhere to say that Nova is bad)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's the beauty of pure Android on Nexus devices. Stock and pure Android.
It's not that nova launcher runs sluggishly whatsoever, I just ought I'd try Google now launcher again, and realized that it is very smooth itself. I mean in Nova Launcher, it is nice that you can resize the app icons, but I just reorganized my home screens and put my icons in different places so as to not mess up my wallpaper that's all. I also decreases my screen animations to. 5x. What does everyone else have theirs here setup to?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Can different icon packs be used with GNL?

Posted via the Android Central App
Now you can use the phone icon packs. The only thing you can do is is an icon switcher for icon changer in the Google Play Store but it sort of makes all the icons look weird. Not like how they are used to seeing them through an icon pack.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally enjoy the GNL on my 6P. No real complaints. I use a few folders so that helps with not adjusting the grid size.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I personally enjoy the GNL on my 6P. No real complaints. I use a few folders so that helps with not adjusting the grid size.
Yup me as well. I am a folders user. Didn't realize how smooth the Google now launcher actually was until I started using it again. I don't have folders and reorganizing my hands so I can actually see it too. You don't think I am doing differently due to my wallpaper is I don't have my Google now cards widget on my main home screen. I just go to the side screen for Google now cards. Other than that, it works fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89