Cheap smart watches

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so as the title asks, what's the cheapest quality SmartWatch out there? I love that the second gen moto 360 but they saying in the reviews that it doesn't handle Google commands very well versus the phone it's paired to. Thank you!

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at the Sony smartwatch 3 which can be found new for around 150-180. Not the most stylish, but a great deal for transflective display should save some battery and be always on. Plus it is waterproof and has GPS if you are into that.

I am currently pretty satisfied with my Pebble Time for notifications. Original Pebble is even cheaper, better visibility display but no mic.

I decided to skip the SW3 and wait for what I really want which is something like the LG G watch LTE.

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the Sony smartwatch 3 which can be found new for around 150-180. Not the most stylish, but a great deal for transflective display should save some battery and be always on. Plus it is waterproof and has GPS if you are into that.

I am currently pretty satisfied with my Pebble Time for notifications. Original Pebble is even cheaper, better visibility display but no mic.

I decided to skip the SW3 and wait for what I really want which is something like the LG G watch LTE.

Well I guess first and foremost my requirements for the watch would be I I guess the ability to take calls on, somewhat stylish again I was looking at the first generation moto 360 but I could have swore I saw it online for $99 the real noc again Style watches the battery life I think. What does everyone else think about that though.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Only a couple that you can take calls on right now and not cheap. Unfortunately a speaker is a very new feature to Android Wear

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Asus zenwatch 2. $149 and has a speaker. Should be getting 1.4 wear update soon and then can make and take calls thru it.

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yup, zenwatch 2 is definitely the least expensive that'll be able to take calls and not a bad deal at $150.
It has a distinctive shape which a lot of peope love (a few don't).

I got my moto 360 gen 1for $99 plus $9 shpping last September. The round shape attracts less attention than the zenwatch imo which matches my personal style - I'm not looking to attract attention to my watch. . . I'm sure my my moto 360 a hair slower than other watches, but I don't notice it... I have no problem at all with google voice commands. Given the battery performance, The only way to use it is with ambient display off. So screen is off most of the time. I have "tilt to wake" on which means the display will turn on when I rotate the watch vertical to view it. In that mode I have no problem making it through my normal day with plenty to spare at bedtime (which is all I need..I put it on the charger every night). A lot of other phones have the luxury of leaving the ambient display on.... that really doesn't change the usefulness of the watch (I can still see it whenever I want) but it is less aesthetically appealing to have a black deenergized LCD on your wrist most of the day (moto 360 gen 1).

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup, zenwatch 2 is definitely the least expensive that'll be able to take calls and not a bad deal at $150.

I got my moto 360 gen 1for $99 plus $9 shpping last September. The round shape attracts less attention than the zenwatch imo which matches my personal style - I'm not looking to attract attention to my watch. . . I'm sure my my moto 360 a hair slower than other watches, but I don't notice it... I have no problem at all with google voice commands. Given the battery performance, The only way to use it is with ambient display off. So screen is off most of the time. I have "tilt to wake" on which means the display will turn on when I rotate the watch vertical to view it. In that mode I have no problem making it through my normal day with plenty to spare at bedtime (which is all I need..I put it on the charger every night). A lot of other phones have the luxury of leaving the ambient display on.... that really doesn't change the usefulness of the watch (I can still see it whenever I want) but it is less aesthetically appealing to have a black deenergized LCD on your wrist most of the day (moto 360 gen 1).
So wait, I am now looking at the 2bs generation moto 360 watch. I called Google Customer Service and they said that if I turn ambient mode off and tape the watches screen to wake it up, then I could get a day and a half of battery life vs a day with ambient mode turned on. What's this wake up feature you're talking about though?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Zenwatch is about the cheapest unless you want a off brand one from amazon

Well I think I'm definitely going to be buying the second generation moto 360 from Best Buy. I'm kind of excited about it obviously I'm on my notifications on my watch so I have to take my Nexus 6 out clumsily and sometimes it drops because I can't one hand the damn phone! I mean don't get me wrong, I love the phone but I don't always want to take it out especially at work just to look at my notifications. Google said that I can go to my gmail/ my texting Google messenger in box etc on the watch.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Why on earth would you want to take calls on a watch? Just use your phone.

As for a watch, I cannot recommend the Pebble Time Steel enough

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Moto 360 2nd Gen paired to Nexus 6P. Works flawlessly as advertised. U can't make calls from the watch, but it does everything else well.

Posted via Nexus 128GB Beast

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Moto 360 2nd Gen paired to Nexus 6P. Works flawlessly as advertised. U can't make calls from the watch, but it does everything else well.

Posted via Nexus 128GB Beast
Actually, I thought you could take calls from the watch. Why would I want to? I hate playing the huge phone up to my ears and never have done it before and I don't use the phone for calling people much regardless. Use it for everything else but calling for the most part.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Amazon actually has (as of the time of this post) one variation of the Zenwatch 2 (silver case, brown rubber band) for $129 w/ free (Prime) shipping - though it currently holds a 2-3 week ETA. If you're not a fan of the provided band, it takes a standard 22mm so you could get a replacement you'd prefer more inexpensively than buying an edition of the watch (presuming you're ok with the silver case) with a different band included.

Edit - this is for the larger (1.63") screen version, not the smaller (1.45") one.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0163HRGNC...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5011160

Last edited: