Android 7.0 Nougat available today for Nexus devices - UPDATED

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 7.0 Nougat available today for Nexus devices.

The race is on for my two N6s to determine which will be my favorite and which will live forever in shame and not have nice things!

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

I was having a bug with keeping connections on cell towers (sometimes it would die and never come back). Did they patch that?

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

If I'm on the beta program now, will I have to wait for AT&T to push the final release, or I will I just get the final OTA on Google's say so?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

If I'm on the beta program now, will I have to wait for AT&T to push the final release, or I will I just get the final OTA on Google's say so?

I'm wondering if AT&T is going to hold up ? have their own version of 7.0, even on unbranded/unlocked Google Play Store phones, like they did with marshmallow, I really hope AT&T doesn't screw up this update on ALL Nexus 6 phones like they have in the past.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm wondering if AT&T is going to hold up ? have their own version of 7.0, even on unbranded/unlocked Google Play Store phones, like they did with marshmallow, I really hope AT&T doesn't screw up this update on ALL Nexus 6 phones like they have in the past.

Well if it's anything like Marshmallow, the OTA to Nougat will be delayed. Marshmallow was made available to Nexus 6 on Oct. 5th 2015 and at&t didn't approve a Marshmallow OTA until January 13th 2016. I'm not sure with N6's enrolled in the Beta program.

With that said the system images and now the OTA's will be posted, without interference, at google so you can manually update the phone.

Last edited:

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Well if it's anything like Marshmallow, the OTA to Nougat will be delayed. Marshmallow was made available to Nexus 6 on Oct. 5th 2015 and at&t didn't approve a Marshmallow OTA until January 13th 2016. I'm not sure with N6's enrolled in the Beta program.

With that said the system images and now the OTA's will be posted, without interference, at google so you can manually update the phone.

One of the main reasons I enrolled in the beta program was thinking that I'd get the final version OTA faster straight from Google's time frame, instead of having to wait however long for AT&T.

Just made sense to me that if the beta previews were just coming from Google that the final release would be the same. Here's hoping!

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

One of the main reasons I enrolled in the beta program was thinking that I'd get the final version OTA faster straight from Google's time frame, instead of having to wait however long for AT&T.
As long as you're in the Beta program, you should only have to wait for Google to get off their duffs and queue up the final update for the N6. I haven't heard of anyone in that program running into interference from any carriers. On the other hand, if you opt out of the program after this final update, then you'll have to wait for ATT to catch up to you before you get any additional patches or updates.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
As long as you're in the Beta program, you should only have to wait for Google to get off their duffs and queue up the final update for the N6. I haven't heard of anyone in that program running into interference from any carriers. On the other hand, if you opt out of the program after this final update, then you'll have to wait for ATT to catch up to you before you get any additional patches or updates.

Yes, I've been getting the beta updates immediately, which is why I figured the same would be true with the final release for the N6.

I thought that when the final release hits, that would be the end of the beta program until they start all over next year and we have to enroll again?

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

Correct.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I thought that when the final release hits, that would be the end of the beta program until they start all over next year and we have to enroll again?
It's not perfectly clear, but it looks like we'll be able to opt out of the Beta releases after this next "alpha" update without resetting our phones and losing data. But Google's announcement earlier this week about MR1 and quarterly OS updates (released first in beta builds) made it sound like the Beta program could continue indefinitely for devices that qualify. Unfortunately, since the N6 reaches it official end-of-life status for OS updates in October, we could also get booted out of the N Beta program at any time if updating the N6 starts to look like too much work. We'll be on firmer ground, though, if we do get offered the MR1 beta in September (I assume).

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

So far, no link to download it

I tend to think they just like building up anticipation with the owners of some devices. Think about it. The Nexus 9, Nexus Player, and Pixel C got it before any of the phone users. It generates interest just like this thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89