Rooted N6 on 7.1.1 won't successfully connect Miracast

Jwikoff99

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I rooted my Nexus 6 yesterday and added the mod to the build.prop to enable Miracast. The mod appears to have enabled it, but I can't get it to successfully connect to anything. I've tried on my Samsung TV and Roku stick. It'll say "connecting" then says "connected" but at that point my TV just goes back to whatever mode it was in before trying to enable screen mirror, and my Roku doesn't seem to react at all.

Thoughts?

Jwikoff99

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Didn't normal cast work with Roku? I usually cast my screen onto Roku or Chromecast using the Google cast button in the quick settings drop down

Chromecast works fine, but I was trying to make my Nexus 6 cast to other devices. Rooting and adding a certain line to the build.prop is said to work, but it isn't doing the job here.

Tyler Platt1

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
Chromecast works fine, but I was trying to make my Nexus 6 cast to other devices. Rooting and adding a certain line to the build.prop is said to work, but it isn't doing the job here.

Yeah mine worked fine rooted with Android 6 but now with 7.1.1 the phone fails to connect. I'm using it with my TV and it'll try to connect, it'll pair, then immediately disconnect. It'll never actually cast anything. Can someone please help? Maybe the build.prop line is different for Android 7.1.1 users.

jropp1

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi did you ever make any progress on resolving this issue? I am dealing with the same problem with my Nexus 6P. Its rooted and the build.prop file modified so i can activate miracast functionality for wireless display, but when I connect i get a moment of black screen connection and then it drops the connection. Made it this far and trying to find the final key to making this work finally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress