Another "What Case Should I Buy" Thread

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I originally bough the M-Edge case at Staples for $40. I liked the way it had multiple ways of standing up Nexus 7, but it had no auto sleep/awake feature and I got tired of fishing for the on/off switch. I took it back and I've got 40 big ones burning a hole in my pocket. I am looking for something that can convert into a stand multiple ways, have auto on/off, has a stylus loop, and doesn't look awful. I'm not crazy about the book cover cases and I don't mind paying a little more for something if it will work.

I was going to order the Blurex Ultra-Slim Case on Amazon, but I got nervous when a review said you had to untab the bottom in order for it to stand up. I almost got a Caseen 360 case, but I saw it had Velcro. I also looked at the Roo Case, but I am concerned it would cover some of the screen and it looked kinda thick.

Has anyone have any recommendations?

stillborn86

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My M-edge case has the auto on/off magnet in it (also known as a smart case).

I don't really like the case for the facts that it covers the ambient light sensor and how it makes getting to anything on the right edge (portrait) or top (landscape) almost impossible.

I could genuinely care less about being able to reach the buttons since the case turns the device on and off automatically.

But, I AM looking for a new case, like you. Just for different reasons.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
... I am looking for something that can convert into a stand multiple ways, have auto on/off, has a stylus loop, and doesn't look awful. I'm not crazy about the book cover cases and I don't mind paying a little more for something if it will work....

I was going to order the Blurex Ultra-Slim Case on Amazon, but I got nervous when a review said you had to untab the bottom in order for it to stand up. ...

Has anyone have any recommendations?

I decided to order the blurex case and see if taking the bottom two clips of bugs me.

Does the case have to have the stylus loop? The fact that you have to remove the bottom two tabs (or two left tabs, depending how you look at it) is really annoying. Take a look at the Speck FitFolio. Also Incipio just released the Slim Kickstand for the Nexus 7.

FULL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT: I have reviewed several cases, including the Blurex and the Speck FitFolio. I receive no financial compensation for my reviews. I am just doing this as a service to the user community.

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
On the recommendation of the forum, I bought a Poetic case, and really like it. It provides a good balance between protection, function, and price. Plus, their customer service is outstanding. My first case had a defect, and it was replaced without hesitation, and shipped immediately.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2296127

This looks like something right up my alley. I'm using a cheap Case Logic sleeve which gives minimal protection. Checked out Amazon and they're currently out of stock.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Fanline

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I check it and it's in stock now..., but I don't like the style, it's too simple for my taste, I prefer the leather stand case,:)

zires

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought the poetic with the smart cover after receiving a crap one from eBay.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa