I need help

Nancy Rae Gates

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I need help I have had my Nexsus 7 tablet for 3 days and I am already having problems, I was playing on it all day today, I wanted to kill the battary for the first few times before i actually started just plugging it in, Well it died and now when i plug it in it takes for ever to start up it shows google, then the colored X then goes to my home screen says charging then says powering off, I have tried a different cord, and different out lets. What do I do.?

- - - Updated - - -

PLease help me

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I need help I have had my Nexsus 7 tablet for 3 days and I am already having problems, I was playing on it all day today, I wanted to kill the battary for the first few times before i actually started just plugging it in, Well it died and now when i plug it in it takes for ever to start up it shows google, then the colored X then goes to my home screen says charging then says powering off, I have tried a different cord, and different out lets. What do I do.?

- - - Updated - - -

PLease help me

so when you try to charge it with the power off do you see the battery sign charging? also are you using the wall charger or computer?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's just not a good idea to really let the battery run so low that it shuts off automatically. The automatic shutdown is a safety feature so that you don't kill the battery, but if it happens too frequently, I think you run a greater risk of actually killing the battery. My understanding is that with Li batteries, if they drop to zero, that's it--game over, no recharge.

I would suggest you keep your N7 powered off, keep it plugged in with your original stock wall charger that came with the device, and wait for a good day or so before even trying to turn it on.

Here's some good info:
HowStuffWorks "How Lithium-ion Batteries Work"

philba

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I doubt you damaged the battery. N7 has odd behavior when the battery is really low. Just plug it in and let it charge. Like droidxcon said, you should see a (very crude white on black) battery icon. Let it charge for a while (an hour or more) and then try to turn it on. Should be fine.