Asus dock not working

Phantez

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got my nexus 7 this week and my Asus dock just came in the mail today. Much to my disapointment, I plugged it in and it doesn't charge or get audio through the dock. I read somewhere that 4.1.2 doesn't support docking but I verified I have 4.2.1. I don't get prompted about using the dock for audio like the YouTube video I saw either. I'm stumped. Am I missing something?

Phantez

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I finally decided to contact ASUS support. They're saying my tablet needs to be RMA'd. I'll post up if it's resolved in case someone else has a similar problem

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to see this Phantez. My dock is fine, tab build no JDQ39, and on 4.2.2 as of yesterday. No consolation, I know. Hope you get it sorted. Please post back with the outcome.

Phantez

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I updated to 4.2.2 yesterday in hopes of it fixing the issue, but it didnt. This is when I contacted ASUS and they didnt think it was a software issue. We'll see what they say

Phantez

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I procrastinated on sending the tablet in, but i finally sent it about a week ago. I just got an update stating that a component needed to be replaced in the tablet and it is now working with the dock. I should have it back in about a week.

liljew

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I procrastinated on sending the tablet in, but i finally sent it about a week ago. I just got an update stating that a component needed to be replaced in the tablet and it is now working with the dock. I should have it back in about a week.

It seems unusual for a manufacturer to actually repair the item sent in for warranty work. I thought it was the usual practice to ship out a refurbished item.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It seems unusual for a manufacturer to actually repair the item sent in for warranty work. I thought it was the usual practice to ship out a refurbished item.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I guess it depends on which is more cost effective. In this case simply repairing it probably was.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree with return_0 it's the manufacturer's prerogative. We don't expect a new car or home appliance just because ours needs warranty work, so we shouldn't expect a new electronic device if it's more cost effective for the manufacturer to do a warranty repair instead of totaling the device and replacing it.