2 features

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I am very happy with my N7 and it is rapidly becoming my mobile device of choice. I think the 7" form factor is ideal for casual use (phone is too small for net browsing, laptop looks to0 formal, 10" - might as well carry the laptop.)

But, I really miss 2 features from various phone ROM's:

1) change levels of brightness on "auto", since I find the native "auto" to be too dim.

2) drop-down PowerBar from the StatusBar allowing further options by long presses: e.g. long-press on the wifi icon brings up the wifi menu.

I'm sure more ROM's will show up soon, but any patches in the meantime?

Thanks.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep AOKP as well as current CM10 has you covered.. Pull-down has toggles and you long-press them to get into the respective settings. You also just swipe your finger along the notification bar to control brightness, it's very convenient. I despise auto brightness haven't enabled it on a device in about 10 months, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

EDIT: Screeny :)
20b209fa-208c-f553.jpg

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

My current phone (NS4G) has AOKP on it. It allows tweaking the "auto brightness" settings, basically letting me bumping up the brightness across all ambient light levels.

Unfortunately neither AOKP nor CM has this capability yet for the N7.

Also the unofficial AOKP for the N7 doesn't play well with one of my "must-have" apps, Splashtop (a remote-desktop client).

I just flashed the CM10 ROM, and it looks OK so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19