Good folding case... But no cloth or 'leather' etc

Pungh0Li0

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
What's the best full cover case out there with only plastic, silicone, TPU or similar?
I work in a cleanroom and can't have anything that generates particles (cloth, pleather etc).

I think the folding cases that cover the front and provide a stand are great, but they all seem
to have at least some of those materials for flexibility I guess.

I think I'll order a Poetic GraphGrip for some protection for now.
I just know I'll drop it on these metal grid floors we have.

Thanks, Joe

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if a nexus 7 could be allowed in a clean room, especially if it is being taken in and out....but that would also depend on the standards in that specific facility.

the nexus 7 may not be made of cloth, but it can cause air pollution nonetheless. there can be emissions from the materials the device is made of, both from manufacturing leftovers and general usage of the device and it will definitely attract particulates both inside and outside of the device. Of course you wouldn't want to have issues, but then after someone monitoring the air filtration system will notice a spike but be unsure of what's causing it, without you also not giving it a second thought and then the source becomes difficult to track down. further more, if it interferes with the purpose or product in the clean room, this could cause huge issues, to the point of a product line or research losing its feasibility or producing different results than intended.

I'd say the only way to make sure the device is emission free is to wrap the entire backing and sides of the device, all the way over to the borders of the screen itself (taped along the borders) in order to ensure that the device can't seep pollution into the air. this has nothing to do with a case, but if a normal case can be an issue for you then the tablet itself could also be a bigger issue.

Pungh0Li0

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
[Sorry for late reply. Thought I'd get notifications.]

GAdawg,
That case looks like it'll work. I would like one with a folding stand but that's not important.
Weird, when I bought my Nexus 7, the only accessory was the sleeve, and it said I couldn't order it in my country (California, USofA?).
[Just noticed, no hole for camera. Odd they didn't put one in but I guess I can cut my own. Ability to take photos is a biggy.]

Joe Joejoe,
I'm not too worried about emissions, just particle generation and chemical residues.
We have worse in our fab, but want to try to follow procedures.

Thanks much, Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaee