Swype...

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone try and install Swype? If so are you getting it from the Play Store or where? I only ask Because I see Swype being very useful on the Nexus 7.

cltatenza

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
So far I'm having trouble getting the beta to work correctly, I got it installed but it won't show the correct keyboard when I go to type something. My guess is that jelly bean is not supported yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased a nexus 7 last night from the google store.
I use the TouchPal keyboard on my HTC One S .
I like it better than swype and its in the play store.
Just curious if it's available for the N7.

:eek:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm having trouble getting the beta to work correctly, I got it installed but it won't show the correct keyboard when I go to type something. My guess is that jelly bean is not supported yet.

Have you changed the default keyboard? Long press a text box and check input method...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Swype Beta on my Nexus 7.

The only issue I had was when I tried to sign up my GMail account for the dictionary. I had to pick a different keyboard to enter the address or Skype would force close.

It's been running fine since then.

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It's also force closing when trying to use it in the dolphin HD browser, definitely some issues there
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Installed swype beta, though can't figure out how to use it. I set it as my standard keyboard input but for some reason it still uses the stock one. I haven't restarted my tablet though, which might be the issue.

mswendyb

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I can't seem to get swype to work on my nexus 7. It is installed just fine, and I've checked it off as the keyboard to use in the settings panel, but it just isn't happening. It's terrible! I can't seem to type any other way any more.

Any advice?

Thamks:)

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't figure out how to use it when it was installed until I noticed the notification in the top left hand corner. Pull down the notification list and you'll notice an option to change the input method. That's where you can change it to use Swype.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

DocRobinson

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Working just fine for me so far. You have to change the keyboard input & enable swype. Once you do that it should work fine. I haven't encountered any of the force close issues so far.

0LBaID

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
go to the swipe website install The app goto language and input choose the swype keyboard select default choose the swype keyboard enjoy

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I use Swype on my G-Nex and love it, but I had a lot of problems with it on the N7. For those trying to install, don't forget to check it as the default input method in settings (in addition to checking the box that makes it available for use in settings). I found that it would not work properly in some applications, namely Dolphin Browser. I uninstalled this morning. I may try again when its updated to better work with Jelly Bean.

I'm actually enjoying thumb typing in portrait mode with the default Android keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Dragon Dictation doesn't work on the N7. Hope they fix it fast - it's as much an improvement over Swype as Swype is over a regular keyboard.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I installed Swype on my Nexus 7 when I first got it over a week ago. The only issue I had was getting used to using it on a larger screen compared to the 4"screen on my Incredible 2. Other than that it seems to work the same as it does on my phone.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I installed Swype on my Nexus 7 when I first got it over a week ago. The only issue I had was getting used to using it on a larger screen compared to the 4"screen on my Incredible 2. Other than that it seems to work the same as it does on my phone.

Dragon works for you?

greypaint

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Swype seems to be a fantastic up for the android. I thoroughly recommend it. I have used that swipe keyboard, as well as recording and it seems to be able to understand even my Scottish accent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty