Did Google fail at launch bad enough to ask for compensation?

Should Google compensate the pre-orders for failing to deliver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickNexus

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Personally for me, no. And by the time everybody that gets their n7 delivered, nobody is gonna waste their time complaining, they're gonna be too busy enjoying their purchase.

KJD209

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
The only compensation they owe me is a refund of my shipping fee. I did not "PREORDER" on June 28, 2012 to get this device, at a minimum, four days after its release. No one, and I repeat no one, preordered at the Play Store during the first week without the expectation that they would receive the Nexus 7 on the release date.

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I have to vote "No" on this.

It just doesn't seem to me that they really messed up. They never announced an official release date, and they are still within their originally stated 2-3 weeks window of shipping.

I'm not entirely pleased that I have to wait after stores are letting them be picked up, but I doubt that Google authorized them to do that; however, even if they actually did, it's really not a big deal.

I can wait a few extra days.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think they should but I'm not expecting it. I'm not going to call them or complain but I never thought two-day shipping should have been the only choice. Anyway, I'll just be happy when I receive the tablet.

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
No,The $25 S&H was to have the N7 hand delivered to you from the play store. You did not have to drive/call all over town looking to secure a tablet. It is being brought directly to you within the time frame that was agreed to. People who did not pay the $25 had to get up and pickup their tablets. Which is why many did not order from the play store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87